US Bank / online banking

1 WI, United States

US Banks online banking has been down for over 2 hours. They are displaying a message saying they are doing "routine maintenance." I work in IT and I know that no one does rountine maintanence in the middle of the day by choice --- I assume they were having an issue. I finally called the bank to see if there was an ETA on when the problem would be fixed and the system would be back online. To my great surprise, I was told there is no problem (nor was there an ETA as to when it should be back up. I was told to just 'keep trying'). US bank has purchased some banks in California and they are running a conversion program to integrate customer information into their regular system. DURING NORMAL WORKING HOURS?! Excuse me? What kind of an organization impacts their customers to run a rountine program that should be handled during the overnight hours like everyone other real-time transaction processing shop does it? Clearly, this company doesn't care about customer service. This is the proverbial last straw for me. I'm going bank shopping.

Ja