US Bank / shorted $100.00 tellers drawer has $1, 600.00 overage refuse to give me my $100.00

1 Regancy BranchPueblo, CO, United States Review updated:

This evening 03/01/10 I went through the drive up of the US Bank on the southside of Pueblo, CO. I wanted to withdrawl $650.00 from my savings account. The teller Casey Kirk placed the money along with my receipt, ID, and ATM card in an envelope without ever counting the money back to me. I started to pull forward when I saw that the teller had shorted me $100.00 there was only 4 one hundred dollar bills and 3 fifty dollar bills in the envelope, so I immediately pulled up to the building and went inside. Another teller Ms. ? Chavez asked to help me I explained the situation and she said "he is going to have to count his drawer" with a nasty little attitude!

I moved off to the side so other customers could be helped and waited while Casey counted his drawer. He finished up and quietly directed Ms. Chavez to his computer screen which I could see read drawer over $1, 600.00. Ms. Chavez recounted everything in is his drawer and came to the same amount. Ms. Chavez then proceeds to tell me "we can't just give you the $100.00 until we verify he is over, since this happened so late today we are already on the next days business so you are going to have to wait until Thurday." There is nothing we can do now.

So I am just supposed to leave the bank $100.00 cash short and trust these screw ups. The best part is if I would have been the one to make a screw up on my account then I would be charged $35.00 per screw up and then an additional $5.00 per day I didn't deposit the money to cover my screw up and fees! I was assured though I have a "5 Star Service Guarantee", yea a 5 star service guarantee that they just STOLE $100.00 cash from me! So basically I just paid for Ms. Chavez and Casey Kirk to go have a nice meal on me here in lovely Pueblo, CO!

Comments

• Re
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Next time, count the money before you leave the drive through teller. Who cares if there is a line behind your car. The bank rep EXPECTS you to count your money in front of them, [censored].

• 72
      23rd of Mar, 2010

Check this out. A deposit was made of 6800 in a business account. they only deposited 3800. my slip shows the correct amount 6800 but only 3800 was deposited in my account. It took over a week for them to put my money in the account. Yeah no extra money just I'm sorry. They mess up so much I am switching. I am all for giving a second chance but they are wearing it out. Please