US Bank / lease

1 10415 Lynchburg Dr.Independence, KY, United States Review updated:

US Bank "steals" again! Actually, my nickname for US Bank is the
"U Suck" Bank of America...Leased a Honda CRV for four years and turned it into the dealership on the due date. Not one late payment EVER! There were NO Excess Wear & Tear damages. The car was in pristine condition with 2, 000 miles UNDER the lease agreement. Then, a month later, I recieved an "End of the Contract" Termination fee for $420 bucks...WHAT! We've leased prior and have never been charged a penny for FULFILLING the lease agreement. I guess this is why the banks are such a struggling financial institution and need government assistance...yeah right. Not if you're stealing like US Bank! I'm done with them and will NEVER deal with US BANK for anything! I'm writing a letter to the car dealerships and urging them to eliminate US Bank as an option for financing any kind of auto loan. I feel like I have to personally do something to stop the dirty scoundrels!

Ca

Comments

11th of Sep, 2008

These people are frauds..I leased a vehicle, which was 100% paid in full...not only did no one know anything about anything, also overfees, they are still reporting this to the credit bureaus as open
    STAY AWAY

• Da
      21st of Oct, 2010

I just posted a complaint regarding the EXACT same issue with US Bank. I am seeking an attorney who would like to pursue this as a class action. If anyone knows of any, or if anyone else has had the same experience, please let me know. davidjgarcia@mac.com.

• Da
      8th of Dec, 2010

In fact, your "guess" is totally wrong. The vehicle was in near perfect condition, as confirmed by the Volvo dealer who I did ask to inspect it at turn-in. US Bank's response to this was to point to the lease language that specifically disallows any inspections by any party other than their own inspection. On why I didn't keep the car after lease, the answer is simple: I did not choose that route because I wanted a smaller, more fuel efficient car. Anticipating this possibility four years previous, I chose to lease, rather than purchase, so that I would have that option. In my case, the issue actually has nothing to do with the condition of the vehicle (I am fine to argue over whether a 3/16" door ding is excess wear and tear), but rather concerns the one-sided nature of the lease contract language. Their standard contract defines excess wear and tear as any scratch, ding, windshield nick--anything--and leave the determination of such only to US Bank's inspector. The lease specifically denies the lessee any recourse to challenge the assessment or the charges, again determined solely by the Bank and its inspector. This issue is not specific to me, but is common to ALL US Bank vehicle lessees. When challenged on this point, US Bank simply responded that that is the lease language and I signed it. While that is a correct statement, it does not make it a fair, or possibly, even legal contract. In my opinion, it is a contract of adhesion and is patently unfair. And it is a practice that US Bank should not be allowed to get away with.

• Al
      31st of Mar, 2011

I have an auto loan with U.S. Bank and got the payment protection plan with it. I was allowed 30 days to cancel the plan with no charge. I decided to cancel and notified them within a few days. I even recieved a cancellation confirmation. They keep charging me every month for it, and after numerous phone calls (no one ever returns your call) they said I just have to keep paying the extra amount and it will be applied towards my loan balance. When I applied for this loan they said that if I cancel, the amont would be subtracted from my monthly payment. None of my statements reflect this and I can only assume I will pay over $700 for nothing.

• Wa
      14th of Sep, 2013

I am a leasing agent with a large leasing company. I've never seen a lease that did not have a end of term fee. It's usually $250-$500. The company you should be angry with is the dealership you leased it from. They knew when they leased it from you, there was a fee. You should also be angry with yourself for not reading the lease agreement yourself. Never trust a car dealership, ESPECIALLY on a lease. I'm not defending US Bank, but in the case of the end of term fee, they all charge one. It pays for the inspector to come out and transport the car to the auction.