US Bank / overdraft charges on positive balance!

I have an account with US bank, which I've had for over 5 years. This month, I had charges on my account that left $32.44 after everything. However the bank is telling me that the way the system works, I've been charged $221.00 in overdraft fees, leaving me with a negative balance and subject to more charges until I get money into the account. I get paid once a month, so I'm looking at several hundred dollars more of charges before I get paid again.

I've tried calling the bank, but they don't seem to care. Is there anything I can do?

Plz advise smb!

A  7th of Sep, 2007 by
US Bank is a conglomerate of thieves!!! 7 years ago, they printed out checks to some one else with my account number on the checks. The only way I found out was that the people bounced a hot check at my place of business, with my name on it!!! Come to find out, they had over-drafted my checking account by almost $3000. I finally got this issue straightened out through the court system, but US Bank charged me with a $500 over-draft protection fee!!! I will not pay this fee and I am still receiving harassing phone calls from collection agencies over this. It has put a permanent black spot on my otherwise good credit rating, and after trying to resolve this issue in numerous ways, it is still a problem after 7 years.
A  14th of Nov, 2008 by
the same thing is happening to me I closed my account back in 2003 but the bank kept it open for two more months, now five years and 4 months later I start getting phone call from a debt collector, I have my last billing statement that shows that I'm in the positive, I've tried to contact US Bank at my local branch, and they dont have any information on me there I have contacted the states attorney general and filed a formal complaint, but now there is a nasty mark on my credit that showed up just two months ago, why in the hell wasn't my account closed when i ordered to be, and why in the hell has it taken them, the debt collector that was sold the account, over five years to contact me and only recently tag my credit, and why the hell didnt the bank send me any notification, then sell my information without so much as a phone call to me so that i could dispute these phony charges

US Bank Logo US Bank