US Bank / fraud and cheating

My son was given permission while I was in the hospital to use my check card to by some groceries. Due to a mis-calculation which was my fault there was an overdraft on my personal account of 11.61. I am registered for alerts however; they never get to me until the next day or within 3 days.

So US Bank is charging me 35.00 for the overdraft, that's to be expected; here is the kicker, the personal account is also connected to my credit card account with US Bank, which resulted in the bank taking my last 9.00 out to put towards the overdraft. This means since there is a 10.00-dollar charge for that transaction and there was only 9.00 in the credit card account I am now being charged an additional over limit fee of 39.00.

That's a total of 35.00 + 39.00 + 2.50 = 76.00 for an 11.61 overdraft, no wonder US Bank does not need a bail out at this time it rips off the customer, nice.

All I can do is pay it though; however, once my relatives including my son who has accounts' with US Bank found this out they all are closing their accounts as I will within the month.

These fees along with fees charged by other financial institutions are too much considering the fact we are bailing out a lot of them with taxpayer funds.

To

Comments

• He
      20th of Jan, 2009

I opened a 'free' cking account with US Bank early this year. In April, I DID make a small error, which I admit, and my ck, acct was overdrawn by approx. $40, however, I was not aware of that fact for a week, and sent out several small checks (less than $20/ea.) US Bank charged me $35 for the 'mistaken' ck, then charged me $35 for all the small charges and cks, one was for $3!!. When I brought my payck to deposit, and receive money back for food, etc. the teller said I was now overdrawn by $175.00, and could not receive money back. All attempts to talk common sense to the Branch manager was like talking to a brick wall, they wanted the 175 PLUS $7 day. I explained that I realized I made an error, and was willing to pay the $35, but not for the other very small cks, which the bank put through AFTER the larger one, so that they could collect fat fees, all with a $35 fee . Several E-Mails and phone calls resulted in nothing, now US Bank has turned my acct over to a collection agency, with a price tag of $685!! This from an original overdraft of only $40!! DO NOT deal with US Bank!!

• Vo
      27th of Jan, 2011

Your fault..admitted...your credit card was ok by u to use as overdraft protection. How is this the banks fault???