US Airways / Stolen Items from luggage

1 Cleveland Phoenix, United States Review updated:

On April 20th, 2008 I had a direct flight from Cleveland, OH to Phoenix, AZ - I had to check a suitcase, so I also checked my backpack. After safely wrapping and burying my laptop in my bag, I headed for the airport, where I checked my bags at the curbside kiosk, then i proceeded to my gate. Flight was the same as usual. I landed in Phoenix, my sister met me at the curb, I put my backs in the bag of her SUV, and we headed to her house. As soon as we got to our destination, approx. 30 minutes after I landed, I went to retrieve my laptop and of course it was gone, so was the power supply and the cord that was at the very bottom of my bag and the towel that I wrapped my laptop in. I immediately called US Airways at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix, the lady was EXTREMELY RUDE. She refused to put a supervisor on the phone, told me I could NOT file a claim for 24 hours. I was extremely upset, as this laptop had and I mean HAD a ton of pictures from the previous two years, mostly of my now deceased dad. I called US Airways again, the next morning, they told me I couldn't file a claim at all, because they do not cover damage to electronics. I explained to this person, it wasn't damaged it was STOLEN!!! If it was damaged I would just suck it up and assume fault, because I packed it. but it wasn't damaged someone went into my bag, went through my personal items STOLE my laptop and proceeded to dig through my bag to get the power supply and the power cord. For the next three weeks I made countless calls to these people, I filed a claim anyways, which took them nearly three weeks to deny. Apparently, if you have any item that takes batteries or has a power cord, anyone at the airline or TSA can steal your stuff and you are just screwed.

A special note to the thief that stole my stuff - thanks you low down dirty &^%$#()( thie[censored] You stole more than a simple laptop that you probably stole for pennies on the dollar. You stole all of my pictures of my Dad.. He died July 6, 2006 and I had uploaded tons of pictures of him, that I can never replace, you make me sick. Just remember karma is a SOB and what goes around comes around.

Comments

• Ke
      1st of Aug, 2011

I see I am not the only person that has fallen prey to the thief's that US Airways employs!
    On May 13th 2011 I had a return flight from San Juan Puerto Rico on US airways.
    In my haste to pack I made the mistake of putting my Kodak digital camera into my suitcase.
    Well, sure enough when I arrived in Detroit Metro airport I was shocked to see my luggage arrive on the turnstile with every compartment zipper partially opened.
    A quick review of my luggage contents reveals that my digital camera and Braun Electric razor along with a half a carton of cigarettes had been STOLEN from my luggage! I know the items were stolen because the packaging for the carton of cigarettes was left in my bag along with an empty pack that I had put in the carton.
    I filed a claim with US Airways and they have the nerve to hide behind the "rights of carriage" rules.
    Now had my camera been damaged I would say OK, my fault for knowing how rough baggage handling can be. But that is NOT the case.
    My property was STOLEN while my baggage was in the care of US Airways and they tell me I have no claim!
    What a horrible company! I will NEVER fly with US Airways again and I urge others to avoid them!