Tri County Toyota / alert - be extra careful with this dealership!
I would like to express the pain me and my wife went through over our first used Toyota from this dealership.
I was may of 2004 when we stop at tri county Toyota and purchased a certified used 2000 Toyota Camry with 47XXX miles on it. We also bought and extended warrant. After two days of purchase my wife noticed that the check engine light was on, we contact tri county and the response was we did not close the gas cap properly, at that time we had not even drove 40 miles and never fill gas yet. They reset the computer and three weeks later the same thing happened again ,I took the car back at this time they told me that the pollution sensor was bad and they replaced it at no cost. The car run and we noticed that a funny noise is coming from the engine. April 2005 during state inspection and emission the found out that there was a part of exist system that need to be replaced and the cost was over $1000. Fortunately this was covered by federal requirement that manufacturer should guarantee the performance for up to 80000 miles. Few months after the inspection, the check light engine came back and we returned the car back to try county.They did not find any problem and reset the computer.Two days later the light came on again, we returned the car back and pay diagnostic fee to find what was wrong, they told us that the EGR valve was bad and will cost about $400 to fix. Few weeks later we took the car back and fix the EGR valve.Two days later the light was on again we took it back and could not find what was wrong.We took to coniceli Toyota for diagnostic and they also could not find what was wrong other that to come up with some other maintenance things that were not on the part of problem.My wife endure the pain to drive the car without knowing what was wrong until April of 2006 when a local mechanic found out that the EGR switch was the problem and we did not need to change EGR valve in the first place.
This is what I want to alert current customers and new ones that be extra careful with the dealership because their service is not trust worth.
More Tri County Toyota Complaints & Reviews
- Toyota corolla 141 - low fuel consumption rate 
- Toyota Vios - engine knocking sound 
- Toyota International Lotto (Headquarter), japan - no response regarding toyota car international promotion program 
- Toyota Lottery Award - scam lottery! 
- Toyota / MMT Gearbox - dishonest sales tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with mmt gearbox as automatic 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - Prado 2014 txl
- toyota malaysia - services & product supplies
- Toyota Motor Corporation - gas cap issue september 2018
- Toyota Motor Corporation - innova crysta car insurance settlement
- Toyota Motor Corporation - ending a lease and trying to get a new lease