[Resolved] Travelgenio / changing ticket due to court

helsinki, Finland

Hello, our family bought tickets from Travelgenio turn-return from Helsinki, Finland DEC 15th to Lagos, Nigeria and back from Lagos JAN 15th, using Turkish Airlines.

Unfortunately, I have to go to court on 19-20.12 so I have to change date of departure for myself and our daughter (my husband can fly as planned). So I called Travelgenio to please change my ticket. Unfortunately a lady told me that there are no flights left by Turkish airlines and that my only option would be to buy NEW TICKETS BY ANOTHER AIRLINE from Helsinki to Nigeria. So I bought new tickets for myself and my daughter AGAIN THROUGH TRAVELGENIO using SAS this time, departuring from Helsinki on 30.12 as that date was still a bit reasonable price.

Today I called TRAVELGENIO to check everything was in order and to my amazement a lady told me that I can't use the ticket BACK FROM NIGERIA JAN 15th as Turkish Airlines will automatically cancel my ticket back as I am not able to use the ticket from Helsinki on the 15th.

So first I was told to buy NEW TICKETS from another airline when going and now today I am told I can't use the tickets back. We would like to travel back as a family, like we had planned.

Another complaint is that today I talked to three different ppl as phone was cut and one of them still unseated everything is okay and I can use my Turkish Airline tickets with my daughter (then 1 year old when we are flying). So please how is it?

Another major complaint would be that today one of the customer service ppl named George told me that actually there are available Turkish Airline tickets but there is something wrong with the system so he can't change tickets but I can call back in one month (??) to change the ticket.

Now I feel the easiest thing would be that I fly with SAS on the 30.12 with my daughter and that Turkish Airlines is asked to make an exception and NOT CANCEL TICKETS BECAUSE CUSTOMER'S COURT. Anyways I am not even asking for ANY REFUND from either TRAVELGENIO or Turkish Airlines and we have already used much money because of what this. I was only FOLLOWING WHAT I WAS ASKED TO DO and customer service did not give me correct information. Then it should not be clients fault. Thank you. Our booking nr are 6906879 and 475RZA
My lawyer said I would have the legal right to change tickets because of court issue where I am the victim

Mrs Mette Folarin
+[protected]
Finland, Europe

• Resolution statement

• TravelGenio Customer Care's Response, Sep 20, 2017

Hi Mette. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

Me