TracFone / fraud and cheating
My tracfone stopped charging, so I ordered a used one off ebay to get the battery. (I did buy a new one and deactivated the old one). The phone came and I tried to activate it on-line and was unable to. The 800 number said that I needed to purchase airtime to activate the phone, so I did, on-line. I then called customer service to activate the phone and get the 60 mins I purchased on it. The CSR put the 60 mins on it, but it still had an out of state (NY) phone #. When I asked her to give me a local #, she asked for the original # that the phone was registered with. I explained, again, that I bought the phone off ebay and she said she couldn't help me unless I had the info. I asked for a super and FINALLY got someone who said he was a supervisor and he said he couldn't help me with out the info. So I asked for a refund for the mins. I purchased and again he wasn't able to help me. He said that because the mins were on the phone, they couldn't be refunded. So, I then asked if he would transfer the mins. from the long distance phone to our phone and he said he needed the phone # that the tracfone was originally set up with... needless to say I got upset and was hung up on!
More TracFone Complaints & Reviews
- TracFone / SafeLink - unregistered sim problem fixed 
- Net10 & Tracfone - poor service! 
- TracFone Wireless - tracfone not adding minutes after online purchase 
- TracFone - tracfone customer service sucks! 
- TracFone Wireless - customer service 
- TracFone Wireless - false billing and cancellation of service. 
- TracFone Wireless - airtime card 
- TracFone Wireless - customer service and losses minutes 
- TracFone Wireless - internet data 
- TracFone Wireless - customer service changed my date. fraud.