TracFone / scam and cheating
Two years ago I purchased the LG 225 from the Tracfone site. I was replacing another phone that I had from them, and I liked the DMFL. I had to change the number due to some continued abusive calls I was getting last year, but otherwise I was happy with the service.
On 9/25/08 I purchased a 120 minute card and used the 60 minute bonus code of 53322 on their site. Nothing happened. I figured I probably had to wait a few hours, so I shut the phone off and went to bed.
I get up Saturday morning and guess what - NO MINUTES added!! I called Tracfone and talked to someone who really couldn't speak good English. I was told that there was no record of the DMFL plan. I came back and told them I wouldn't have purchased the phone in the first place if there wasn't DMFL and this was the first time I had a problem.
After himming and hawing for about 30 minutes, they said they would give me to technical support. This was AFTER they got the card and bonus minutes into my LG 225, but still didn't have it doubled. Translation - "You're outta luck sucker" and I was disconnected.
I got on their website and created a ticket, explaining everything I had told them on the phone. I got an answer this morning saying that there was a code pending and to go to their website and follow the instructions in the letter. Guess what, no luck. I had to create ANOTHER ticket. I did copy and paste the original letter. I am still waiting for them to answer.
If this does not get resolved to my satisfaction, I will be on the phone to Tracfon's Executive Resolutions Manager at [protected] on Monday morning.
More TracFone Complaints & Reviews
- TracFone / SafeLink - unregistered sim problem fixed 
- Net10 & Tracfone - poor service! 
- TracFone Wireless - tracfone not adding minutes after online purchase 
- TracFone - tracfone customer service sucks! 
- TracFone Wireless - customer service 
- TracFone Wireless - Sim card kit for byop
- TracFone Wireless - iphone that I bought from random guy that turns out to be stolen 
- Safelink/TracFone - recertify 
- TracFone Wireless - phone number transfer
- TracFone Wireless - double minutes