Toys r us / damaged merchandise and poor customer service!

IL, United States Review updated:

I purchased several items on line for my son's expected little girl. The first and most important item (Simplicity Ellis 4 in 1 crib) arrived damaged in a smashed in box yesterday. The delivery personnel dropped shipped it to the front porch while my son was away. Someone was waiting at the house for the delivery but no one knocked or rang the bell. The bedding arrived this morning and my son was there to receive it but again no one knocked or rang the bell, he found it when he walked outside. This morning I called the 800 number and spoke to a young lady who had a could care less attitude. I asked to speak to her supervisor (Mai) who also offered POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. She stated the damaged crib would be picked up in 7-14 business days and afterwards I would be credited. The only way I can get another crib is to repurchase this item and wait 7-14 business days for delivery. They can't just deliver a new crib when they pick up the damaged crib? I requested to cancel the rest of this order which Mai said would be fine and to just refuse it but I would be charged the delivery fee. How can you refuse it if you don't know the merchandise has been delivered? Shopping shouldn't be this much of a hassle! In essence I would be letting them use my money until this issue gets resolved. Please note I have spent nearly $4, 000. in the past two weeks between Toys R Us and Babies R Us. Given the present economy I guess business must really be booming for this company to alienate a customer. All of the merchandise I purchased is unopened, I have my receipts, and fully intend to return all of it! Target and WalMart have the same merchandise and hopefully they value their customers.

Comments

Na
  17th of Jul, 2008
l also get poor customer service from toy r us as well, we had an incident in new hartford, ny, where a sales associate slap my son in the face with a newspaper, and ran off without any apology becase she couldn't handle her job .we reported to the manager and corporate and nothing was done, not even an apology letter.

Toys Toys "R" Us