Toys r us / refund never processed!

1 United States

I purchased a crib from Toys R Us and subsequently received an email notifying me the crib was recalled and I should stop using it and send it back. I had numerous problems with Toys R Us staff trying to get the crib picked up by UPS as they instructed and once the crib finally got back to Toys R Us I received an email saying the purchase price was refunded, however, the refund never made it back to my credit card so now I have no crib and no money! I have spoken to Toys R Us customer service multiple times and half the time they insist the refund was processed and the problem must be with my bank while the other half of the time the customer service representative tells me that I am right and it looks like the refund was not processed but they will take care of it right away. It has been three months now and I still have not received my refund. My opinion of online shopping has completely turned around. I have no faith in online support centers. I have opened complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's Office. My credit card company is also looking into it, but since they did not receive a transaction there is little they can do it seems.

Jl