Toys r us / they should spend a couple of hours on teaching cashiers customer service basics

I went in to the gaithersburg md store today and without even an "im sorry" rude cashier "Bill" advised because my return was 2 days past 90 days, the defective toy could not even be exchanged for store credit. My receipt mind you had 15 other items on it because I spend so much money there every christmas, this toy was only one on which we spent over $300 this past christmas.

I have twin 6 year olds, have a lot more toys to buy before we send them off to college, and they will all be bought at target, walmart, or kmart from now on. Bad move Toys R Us, over $20!!!

Oh, and in reference to Bill and Karen on duty today, Perhaps during employee orientation a few hours should be spent teaching cashiers customer service basics, even if the answer is no, say it with a smile, not a sneer!!

Ti

Comments

• Tr
      12th of Feb, 2010

People like you are the reason why hate exists. The refund policy is on the back of the receipt. When I buy something and may need to return it later (gift, expensive item, etc) I put the must return by date on the receipt. Its not the cashier's fault. This is strictly YOUR FAULT.

If he let you return it two days after the return date, why not three or four or ten? Return policies are there for a reason. If you don't like it, don't buy anything.

• Pl
      5th of Oct, 2010

Totally agree with previous comments. Also, if you wanted to argue about the policy. "Bill" would not be the person to talk to. He has no control over changing the policies. I feel quite sorry for Bill and Karen for having to deal with someone the likes of you.