Toyota corolla 141 / low fuel consumption rate

1 Sri Lanka Review updated:

I am from sri lanka. I am a customer who bought a brand new corolla 141 model car which has send sri lanka. We have been informed that the fuel consumption rate of the above vehicle will be around 12 - 13 km per liter, at the time of placing the order. Since our decision of purchase is more on the fuel consumption rate we placed the order. But after we received the vehicle we realized that the actual rate is only around 7 - 8 km per liter. We are totally dissatisfied and disappointed. Earlier corolla model were much more better than this. With new technologies such as vvti and etc these rates should have been improved. Please tell us is there any way to get this improved. At the moment we are in trouble by buying your vehicle, there are other brands who's fuel consumption is far more better than this. So it's very very important to get something done on this to improve the fuel consumption rate. Somehow we need a improvement. We need a quick reply for the betterment of the car. Vehicle id no issued by sri lanka rmv - [protected] chassie no jtdbz 42e209029249, engine no 3zz3101369 - melani

Comments

• Ya
      30th of Apr, 2009

ya, I am also a person who use 141 model, now we are in a big trouble as it use to go only about 6 to 7 km /l .
    My question is, what are the main differences that course this kind of a difference when compared to 121 model?, but how ever 141 is perfect in all the other way.
    Yasith Liyanage,
    Colombo, Sri Lanka.

17th of Jul, 2009

We have the same car. Our experience with short running least fuel economy is 8-9 km/l . In longer run 12-13 km/l and some times 14 km/l. However, this car's economy is not as good as 121 and VIOS. We also think that if the fule economy could not be achieved, the Honda Civic 2008, 1.8 CC is much better valued option if you buy it for the duty free permit.

17th of Sep, 2009

Anyone who knows about vehicles will know that the fuel consumption will vary depending on the person who drives the vehicle & where he drives it. Specially a automatic transmission. My one does 14 kmpl on flat run, yes it doesn't do like NZE121. it could be due to the engine capacity NZE121 has a 1.5 L engine & ZZE141 has a 1.6 L engine.

• Up
      24th of Oct, 2009

this is a very poor performing car. Toyota must produce better car than toyota 121 especially Corollas. Toyota well understood that fuel economy is need of the hour. I have to think twice to buy a toyota in future.

• Ra
      25th of Oct, 2009

We brouht a Toyota 141 for the special permit issued for professional in Sri Lanka. We thoght that this 141 would be definitely better fuel consumption car as I knew that the performance of corolla 121. However I was thoroughly dissapointed after using this car. Earlier we were in the opinion that toyota as a good customer caring company, this would have been considered and understood. However this 141 in city running it operates only 7-8 Kmpl where as corolla 121 operates 13 -14 kmpl. Everybody can see the difference and how we are in trouble. I thought that new model should be better than its older model. However this has been the other way. I buy toyotas and in future I have to think twice wheather to buy Toyota unless toyota is not solved this problem faced by their customers. I have anyway know that toyota take this seriously and is capable of handing this issue

• Na
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I too own a 141, within the city limits it does only 7 to 8 Km/L. and out stations 9 to 10. Compare to 121 and Carena, this perticular model does nothing. i wonder this issue could be due to the reason Toyota Lanka imported the modified version in order to tally with the Permit Holder's budget (2.5m-3M) not sure.

• Di
      29th of Dec, 2009

Totally agree. This has a very bad fuel economy. I am in real trouble trying to sell this vehicle. The second hand market is very very poor in Sri Lanka for this vehicle. I totally agree that the 121 is far better superior than this. This is one of the worst cars i have driven in my lifetime.

• Am
      1st of Jan, 2010

haii guys don't worry i got a solution last April I bought a Toyota corolla 141 from toyota lanka so I also faced to the same trouble in first few days when you are using a automatic gear sys. you have to control your gears through your shift paddle but first of all you have to get a idea of it*..
    02. when you drive in a city CHANGE YOUR GEAR TO 3RD DON'T DRIVE WITH D" thats too impotent
    03.in new corolla you can reached to 0kmhs- 140kmhs without applying gear D.
    04.always try to drive with low RPM I recommended below 2
    05.few years back i owned a corolla 121 but in new corolla its more powerful than previous(same fuel rate)

so if any doubt contact amila_athauda@yahoo.com
    (it proved that you can reached to 120kmhs with 3rd don't worry about rpm it will reduced to 2 automatically)

1st of Apr, 2010

I am also an owner of 141, but as I drive my experience is about 14km/l. I think any one knows that the driver is responsible of the wastage of fuel. If you also try, you may have good feelings about 141.Thats true its not muck better than 121, but I'm very happy of 141 than 121.

• Gu
      26th of Jun, 2010

Are these posts about toyota 141 AXIO ?

• Ud
      13th of Jul, 2010

Is Corolla 141 AXIO is also the same or is it fuel efficient?

• So
      14th of Jul, 2010

Hi! Axio is a smaller car. It does around 10-12 km/l. fuel economy of a vehicle is based on the HW the vehicle uses. I have a toyota premio 'G' grade (authentic G grade) which has 2000cc power house + cvt-i gear system. Anybody would thunk this will not do more than 8km/l right? Well news flash- this does 13km/l in tight traffic and long runs more than 15km/l. Well no matter how hard I push the throttle the RPM does not exceed 3000 and quickly drps to 1200. Eventhough I'm over 120km /h run which is very quick on this car. So wht matters is the body size/weight of the car combining Engine capacity & technology(rec: dual vvti/d4 with cvt). If a car is big the engine shoul be bigger enough to maintain RPM in a lower rate-ex:allion 1.5 does 10 km/l(in good condition) &1.8does 12-14km/L .

• He
      17th of Jul, 2010

Tell me about the second hand market on Toyota belta 1000 cc car.

• Pu
      22nd of Jul, 2010

I also own a Toyota Corolla 141. In outstation rides she runs about 12 km/l... On average she has run 9 km/l.. Fuel efficiency would be higher as the engine gets older... as i guess...

3rd of Aug, 2010

Hi, what about 2006 or 2007 AXIO? Is it fuel efficient?

• Ak
      25th of Aug, 2010

Am just imported a Axio it's does 9-10 within the city, outstation wud do approx 12, all depends on the driving, try to keep the eco light on always.. do not use the "S' that meant for "Sports" where it's consum more fuel power more i believe if u run only on sports it wud do only 7-8

• Ds
      31st of Aug, 2010

I am also a owner of toyota 141. its clear that this vehicle is the vehicle having most uneconomical fuel efficiency in the sri lanka today. Before buying this 141, I searched the toyota web and got information that it works 15.7km/l. But, it works only 7-8km/l on city and 10-11km/l on highway. when I inquired this problem from toyota lanka, they said that it will be ok after running about more than 10, 000km. But, now I understood that these all are lies. The truth is toyota has manufactured this special version for permit holders to their budgets and also get the maximum profit from such a 3rd world country like sri lanka because of no law for the protection of consumers. Now we have only following options.

1. All the 141 ownwers must get together and insist toyota lanka to attennd this problem and discuss with toyota japan for asolution to this problem. somtimes this can be solve by a modification to the existing engine. They know well how to do it. We like to pay some reasonable amount for this modification

2. Otherwise, we must take a legal action against toyota lanka and toyota japan for misleading of customers. Recently in America such a incident was happened for poor breaking system installed (for the same brand toyota) and all the vehicles were returned to japan for the rectification with toyota's cost. I am sure that our case is very similar to this case and we can win.

Please send this message to everybody having a toyota 141.

D.S.P.A.R.De Silva
    ddschan123@yahoo.com

• Me
      30th of Oct, 2010
    toyota corolla 2008 - gear box
    Egypt

i bought toyota corola and gearbox is very bad

• Me
      30th of Oct, 2010

can you belive that all car makers pull cars when they find there is problems except toyota egypt

• Si
      31st of Oct, 2010

I also totally agree with you. But what we can do for this. we already brought the car. If you are going to do some thing agents to toyota lanka. please inform us. we also joint with you
    Thanks