TJX / unethical behaviour

Date of Incident: Sunday, January 20, 2017
Time: 6:30-8:00pm
Location: TJ Maxx Richardson Heights
Richardson, Texas
Employees Involved: 1 men and 1 women from Loss Prevention (Employees did not want to provide name) **Loss Prevention woman was extremely rude**

Last night, I went shopping to TJ Maxx like any other weekend. I like to look around the entire store because it's my favorite store. I saw some ties that I wanted to purchase for my husband. However, I did not make the purchase and I put them away.

As soon as I am walking out, the Loss Prevention officer stops me and tells me I have to go with him back in to the store. The woman loss prevention officer followed behind me. The woman was so rude and asked me where the ties were. She immediately accused me of stealing. I pointed at them and l showed her where I had put the ties away. These officers falsely accused of me stealing merchandise. It was embarrassing, humiliating, and it made me deeply upset to the point where I was crying. These officers didn't even apologize. Everyone else at the store was looking at me.I called my husband crying and I was in the parking lot for 30 minutes before I was okay to drive back home. In these types of situation, you cannot make a mistake and you have to prove to blame someone of theft.

The worst part is that TJ Maxx is my favorite store. I am maxxinista. I even have a credit card with your store. I do all my Christmas shopping and even buy my work clothes there. This has been one of the worst experiences of my life. I think you should reconsider the people that you have working at that location. I do not want anybody to experience such a horrible incident if they do not deserve it.

I tried calling the store directly but I had no luck filing a complain. All they could do is transfer me to Loss Prevention. I did not want to speak them.

As a hospitality management professional that I am, I would like for you to know that these types of employees will destroy your reputation and will bring your sales down.

You can find my TJ Maxx credit card profile under [protected]@hotmail.com. I would like a follow up regarding this incident. Thank you!

Pf