Tire Kingdom / a flat two weeks after buying new tires

US 1 SouthSt Augustine, FL, United States Review updated:
Two weeks after buying brand new tires from Tire Kingdom, I awoke to a flat. I had to go to work but my boyfriend brought the car in for me (with receipt) to check it out. They said the rims were rusted and charged him 25 dollars for "rim sealant." What bothers me is that they had a 3, 000 dollar estimate ready for me when I got the tires put on to fix the head gasket (etc) yet they neglected to inform me that rusty rims might jeopardize my new tires.

This happened today and I am heading over there after work to try and get a 25 dollar refund, but we'll see. The fact that this even happened in the first place is proof enough that they are criminals.
Ja

Comments

Ja
  23rd of Oct, 2008
Update: I actually did receive the refund along with an apology from the service manager. He said that even though it isn't their technical policy to remove rust from rims when installing new tires (which sounds fishy) he says they usually do. Just wanted to let everyone know that they did attempt to correct this issue, though the entire thing was still an inconvenience.
As
  10th of Jul, 2009
i'm sure if they charged you ANYTHING extra on the first service claiming to have spent extra time having to clean your rims that never seem to have had a problem before that you probably would have complained just the same. As for giving you your money back, that is just easier than having to hear your continued griping!

Tire Kingdom / TBC Corporation Logo Tire Kingdom / TBC Corporation