Tire Kingdom company logo
Tire Kingdom
reviews & complaints
Tire Kingdom
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

156 complaints
43 resolved 113 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Tire Kingdom reviews & complaints 241 - 156

Tire Kingdom complaints 156

R
Jun 03, 2010

Tire Kingdom - rip off, no call back

Took car in with only 11, 000 miles on 55, 000 mile tires. They were down to the steel. Manager said does not cover alighnment. I went to walmart and bought 4 new tires. Took car to body shop, they took to same tire kingdom and said alighnment was dead on ok. But I filed a complaint and they will not get back to me. My new tires cost 400.00. The price of the tk tires was420.85 I feel I should be reimbursed for the tires, for the 41, 000 miles I didnt get. Why are people like this allowed to rip people off?

M
Jun 03, 2010

Tire Kingdom - pop up tent damages my car & they won't pay

Bought a tire from tire kingdom and had it mounted. When they finished with my car they pulled it around by a pop-up tent they had. Wind grabbed tent and bashed it into my car.

Employee comes out with a rag and starts rubbing the damaged areas. I tell him he is making it worse. His reply is that he is using a compound that wipes off. Wrong!

I was told to have someone look at it and they would take care of it in house if it wasn't over $100. I'm no body expert but a bmw m3 w/ a dent is going to cost a bit more then a hundred bucks.

So I come back with estimate of around $750 and was told to get to more. Fair enough. I don't live in the area of this tk but did run around that day and find two more shops. All came in w/ estimates of around $750. All said employee actually made it worse by taking off clear coat of car.

When I returned to tk the manager stated he was going to use the lowest estimate. Again fair enough I think. However, I am not going to use the shop w/ the cheapest estimate. My son had done some damage to the other side of my car. When he has the money for that repair I will get it all done by a place I trust and have my car all one color.

It was then the manager informs me that they will not giving me the money for damaging my car because I might go on a cruise to the bahamas! I reminded him he owed me for damages they created. And it was my choice when I wanted car repaired and with whom. He again stated he would pay the company of his choosing cuz he didn't want me going on vacation.

I have a call into the general manager now.

Tire Kingdom - taking advantage of customers

I brought my car to tire kingdom on several occasions, every time I went there it was another big catastrophe. Fist I needed all new tires, second time my belts were ready to snap, third time my shocks were bad. Let me tell you my tires supposedly were warranted for 40, 000 miles, I purchased them a couple of months ago when I took my car to my own mechanic yesterday he told me my car was shaking because my two front tires were bad. I was at tire kingdom saturday and the only thing they told me is that I needed new shocks. Mind you every time I have been there its only to have my oil changed and this is what happens. So with that I called tire kingdom in naples and adolfo answered, I told him what happened that I just got my tires not long ago and there bad and he had the nerve to tell he would pro rate me for new tires. (I would not buy nor what I have tire kingdom touch my car again). Also when they put my new belts in the car squealed like a pig. I called and they told me to give it a week or two, so I did, however it never went away until I went there on saturday and told them (again) that the belts they put in were not working right so they finally adjusted them. I don't know if it's because I am a woman that they thought they could take advantage of me or because they actually screw everyone that walks through the door.

ADVERTISIMENT

Tire Kingdom - I was ripped off again and the manager couldn't care less!

Ripped off again at tire kingdom! I took my 2001 lexus rx300 to tire kingdom to get the oil & filter changed and an alignment as I purchased a three year alignment policy about 1 year ago. Twice in...

Tire Kingdom - worse repairing

I went to tire kingdom to fix the noise coming out of my front wheels, when we went for a test drive they told me that the noise is coming from right wheel, but they started fixing that problem they...

Tire Kingdom - tbd

The saga continues
After my wife was sold two new rear tires on a new car with 14, 000 miles, we have now been back a total of six different times between the two stores, the car is now vibrating and none of the tire sensors work. They finally admitted to breaking the sensors but still refuse to admit they do not know how to fix the problem, hence the six trips and it is still not fixed. Will update as the manager comes up with more bs and stalling tactics. Does any one have a contact name for corporate, I need my $500 back and someone to pay ford to fix everything.

Tire Kingdom - alignment

I was at the location on royal palm beach blvd. On 2/12/2010 because I needed a tire. The employee that helped me said, the reason the tire was wearing the way it was, was because I needed an alignment. He suggested I buy 4 tires and the alignment. I ended up purchasing 2 tires an alignment and an oil change. I have been using this location for many, many years and felt comfortable having them do the job.
After picking up the car and heading to riviera beach I realized the steering wheel was veering to the left. I called the store and was told to bring it in anytime.
I returned to the store early evening. The employee behind the counter told me there is some tool that holds the steering wheel and it must have slipped. I asked him "dont you check your work"? Go for a test drive or something? I got no response!
I also wanted a bulb changed for my turn signal and they told me it was a 30 minute job and it would cost $45.00, its 2 screws... That was a joke. The way the economy is now this is no way to treat customers or do business.
I put my families safety in your hands. I feel you did not hold up your end of the bargain.

Paula missano
122 gibraltar street
Royal palm beach, fl. 33411

[protected]

your stupid, the tech should have test drove you junk and if you dont want to pay a pro to install your turn signal do it your self and don't blame the ECONOMY ON YOU CHEAP [censor]!

Tire Kingdom - tire rebate from xmas holiday

Purcased tires from this location, was talked into 4 tires wheni went in for 1. Re: 100$ rebate on 4. Recieved email on confirmation and tracking #. This tracking website is non existing. Dont know...

Tire Kingdom - rebate

Tire Kingdome had a Hundred Doller Holiday rebate on the purchas of 4 new tires. I purchased 4 new tires from the Bradenton Florida Tire Kingdom and sent in the required information to the rebate...

Tire Kingdom - unfair practices

I went in for 2 tires on the front. Salesman john checked the mileage and tires. During an hour of waiting john proceeds to show me the radiator cap saying "if we had done this it would not look like...

F
Dec 08, 2009

Tire Kingdom - scam charge

I went to tire kingdom in salisbury nc on 11/9/07. Wanted two new tires, all 4 wheels aligned, brakes checked for wear and an oil change. After finding the brakes had 50% wear left I declined replacing them. What I got was an inflated shop charge from $4.00 to $14.00.

Just an aligment check nothing actually fixed. All four tires inflated to 70 psi.

I did not pay for the alignment or shop charge.

You could go to a real mechanic, shut up and use common sense. Who goes to Tire Kingdom for quality anyways?

I am not exactly sure why this is a complaint. Simply stating that a charge is a scam is not a valid complaint. It is probably important to note that the same charge you claim is a scam is present industry wide. This is not a new charge nor is it a scam. The shop fee is a charge automatically computed by the point of sale invoice system. In the office next to the front counter or somewhere very visible should have been a TK corporate policy statement explaining this charge. In summary it is a fee of 10% of the pretax service charge that recovers the expense of miscellaneous fluids and materials. It also covers the disposal and cleaning of those materials above and beyond the disposal fee of oil. Rags must be contained in a special bin. Disposable oil quarts cannot be simply thrown away like you might do at your house (which is also not the correct disposal technique). They must be stored in a leak proof container and we are charged to dispose of them. This is the same container for oil filters. This is only some of the expenses. There is cleaning of the vehicle, floor mats, steering wheel covers, seat covers, hand soap, etc. The list is much longer. Very much longer!

As you can see it would be near impossible to bill you separately for each item. That would be time consuming and would probably result in an even higher charge to compensate for the complicated billing procedure.

No doubt it may be a little higher than some other corporate shops or dealers but most likely right around the same. Individual shop owners may or may not charge for this. I have seen this go both ways. Eventually even individual shop owners realize they must recover this expense somehow.

As for not paying for the alignment I am not sure why that is a problem. Tire Kingdom offers Alignment checks for free. 70-80% of all vehicles that have not been aligned in the last 6 months will require an alignment. That percentage maybe even higher. That is a stat based on personal experience as a mechanic for the last 20 years. However, if you asked to have an alignment performed the difference between checking the alignment and actually making an adjustment is minor. Often times it takes only a few extra minutes to adjust the alignment. Basically you are getting all the work for free as a courtesy and then you are complaining about it. If you asked for an alignment then you should have been charged for it and you would have received all of the warranty that comes with it. A one time alignment at TK usually costs about 79.99 depending of course on your market area. That alignment comes with a 6 month warranty. You could have your vehicle aligned again in 6 months before the warranty ran out and you would be properly maintaining you tires. Without that warranty it is entirely possible that any wear patterns that your tires experience will not be covered. Obviously you did not maintain them by having the alignment done every six months. You are now just hoping that your alignment did not go out of adjustment. TK keeps records. And in six months you can say all you want about the last time you were in and how your alignment was fine but that salesman or manager is probably not going to remember your specific situation as they deal with many, many customers every day. They will simply look in the computer and see that an alignment was offered but you declined. That is evidence of not properly taking care of you tires. That will probably void the mileage warranty.

V
Nov 27, 2009

Tire Kingdom - never again

It was a sunday and my car was able to run and start up I just had been having issues with the steering wheel and car locking up and having the service engine soon light come on the night before, I had my car towed just for safety reasons to your store.

The manager, I believe quoted me $95 to run a diagnostic test on my car and said he'd put it toward the repair if I agreed to the price and procedure. I did. He informed me it would take an hour.

After the wait, I was told they found nothing and reset my car and test drove it twice with no problems. The mechanics told me they thought it was just a glitch.

I wasn't very happy when I had to pay $95 and have to wait an hour when they really didn't do anything.

I was even more upset when I broke down the very next day. I took it somewhere else and they told me I had 3 things wrong with it and I had to pay almost $500 just so my car would be drivable.

I still have my receipts and I emailed corporate this letter.

This is tricky. What exactly was wrong with your car? $500 is not a good description. There is also the distinct possibility that something failed on your car with no warning which was unrelated to the original check engine light diagnosis. Let me try to put this in perspective. Regardless of what is wrong with your knee, you are still going to have to pay the x-ray and or mri fee. A much higher fee but still a fee. I have a computer to scan ALMOST all vehicles and that cost me $8000. So I can not justify spending time hooking my equipment up to your car for no cost. That is why you pay the $95 fee. I do not know why they did not tell you what the code was at the time of the original check out. Usually the practice would be to tell you what the code was and then the possible problems it would cause and the cost to fix them. Sometimes your vehicle does not present the problems to the technician and it would be impractical to drive your vehicle for a week to get it to act up.
It is unfortunate that your car broke down a day later but it is not uncommon. Your fuel pump is an electric motor and can and will fail with no warning. Not even a check engine light most of the time. I have had the fuel pump fail in the shop with customers coming in to get tires. Totally unrelated. It might not happen all the time but it still happens. There are many examples.
If it was related to the original check engine light diagnosis then I am willing to bet that the Tire Kingdom would be willing to give you the deal by subtracting the $95 fee from the repair. That is pretty common practice at large corporations.

Tire Kingdom - fraudulent air filter

On Monday I had my tires rotated, balanced and alignment performed. They did not have the oil filter so I waited until today, before Thanksgiving, to have the oil change completed. As I was about to...

B
Sep 03, 2009

Tire Kingdom - dishonest and deceptive

Beware. They are dishonest and deceptive. They only care about making money. I took my car to Tire Kingdom, 3550 S. Washington Ave., Titusville, Florida. I went in for a diagnostic check because my...

G
Aug 19, 2009

Tire Kingdom - difficulty in making payments

I have been very frustrated with trying to pay my tire kingdom credit card bills. There is not a clear website address and when you finally find one you can't get back to it again even if you save it to your desktop or favorites. If you try to call the company they tell you there is a $14.95 fee to pay over the phone. If you don't get it in the mail in time they will charge you a ridiculous late fee and to priority mail it it will cost $17.95. Last month my payment was for $12.00 so obviously none of those options were going to work. I want to know why there is a fee to pay over the phone and why you can't ever get to the proper website easily to pay online. This is messed up.

I tried repeatedly to pay my tire kingdom bill online and was not allowed on. I paid the first day I was admitted and was given a late fee for not paying on time. This was unexpected since my due date had not been reached. Surprisingly, a review of my bills showed that myPAYMENT DUE DATE HAD BEEN CHANGED EVERY MONTH! They have been making the date earlier and earlier every month, so that finally, by paying on the due date I had believed to be set, I was late. Outrageous!

Tire Kingdom - online payment

I began paying my tire kingdom credit card online once they finally gave that option. The computer that I had bookmarked the page on was damaged and is under repair. I tried to go online to make a...

T

Tire Kingdom - ripped off and angry

We purchased two tires on August 2007 for our sons 2005 Ford Focus. He put exactly 25, 000 miles on these 60, 000 mile tires. We realized in May 2009 that one tire was not retaining air and that they both had no tread and needed to be replaced. As the tires were under 2 years old and under 50% of the manufactures mileage usage, we expected Tire Kingdom would credit us about 50% of the original tire price toward replacement tires. Original price was 100.00 each.

They instead informed us the tires showed uneven wear and they would only credit us 25.00 on each tire. Please note that the tires were rotated three times and realigned once in this 20 month period. We agreed to the replacement deal although we felt it unfair.

Then to top it off we realized when we got the vehicle home that the manufacture date on the tires was March 2006! The new tires we had just purchased were already three year old and will be worthless and dangerous in three more. We did try to view the code before leaving Tire Kingdom but the tire was installed in such a way that you must crawl under the car with a flashlight to see it.

I will never do business with this company again!

I doubt the tire is unsafe. Although there is a possibility of getting a tire 3 years old, it is rare. Even so it will be covered under the exact same warranty as a brand new tire since it is basically brand new. If there is obvious signs of dry rot then at that time bring it back to work out a deal getting it replaced.

Also getting an alignment done once in 20 months is not enough. Especially on a Ford Focus. Smaller cars tend to take a bit more abuse from the road. The suspension is not as stout as a bigger car hence there is less material to absorb the shock from the road. Once every 6 months would be better. A 3 or 5 year alignment policy would solve this problem if you intend to keep and maintain the vehicle. If not the policy is always transferable to another vehicle.

You also need to rotate the tires more frequently. Three times in 25k miles is not enough. You should rotate the tires every 5k miles. A good time to get them rotated is at every oil change which should be every 3-4k miles. It is free so just get it done!

If you follow the above advice you will have all the ammo you need to get full credit for your worn out tires. Also note that rarely will tires make it all the way to their mileage warranty. You will still get credit.

Tire Kingdom, like most manufacturers, has nothing to hide. If you had asked them at the time of purchase they could have showed you the date code which is recorded on all tires. It is called the DOT number and is visible on the tire. Sometimes it is placed on the inside. Not on purpose. There is no need to crawl under your vehicle. It is even on your receipt.

Tire Kingdom is the biggest independent tire dealer and it will probably be impossible to beat the price on tires anywhere. Your choice to do business elsewhere will only result in the exact same scenario just higher cost. You also will not get the support of hundreds of locations throughout the U.S. If I were as dissatisfied as you I would probably just go to a different location. Just expect the same treatment until you follow the above procedures.

D

Tire Kingdom - cheater unprofessional

Very Bad experience. I have my car replaced with 4 new tires (Mich Harmony MO1, 185/65R15). Later I found that the Aspect Ratio is not 65 instead of 60 on the tires. Very unprofessional. Plus they...

Tire Kingdom - gasoline redemption coupons

With the purchase of new tires for my car in November of 2008; I was given enrolment document for free gasoline vouchers as part incentive for the purchase. After complying with all the requirement...

E
Apr 16, 2009

Tire Kingdom - fraud, fraud, fraud

On 3/18/09 at 12:53 pm I delivered my Lexus sedan to Tire Kingdom on SR 7 in Boca Raton FL to replace two from tires and to change the oil. I had inspected all the tires myself together with my...

1  ...  6 7 8