Time Warner Road Runner Internet Service / lousy service, even lousier customer service

United States, California, Santa Monica Review updated:
Robert Powell (an individual)
Santa Monica
Time Warner's Road Runner high speed cable internet servicce is AWFUL.

I have had the service since September, 2008. Since, not a month has gone by without problems.

Today (2/26/09) marks the fourth day in a row that my service has been out or faulty.

Fed up, last night I phoned customer service. I was placed on hold for 50 minutes and 59 seconds and STILL HAD NOT HAD MY ISSUES RESOLVED when I hung up.

Now, I have a wrestling match to look forward to when I FINALLY reach them and demand that payment for these four days (and probably counting) be deducted from my monthly statement.

A  16th of Mar, 2009 by
I had roadrunner cable installed and the installler did not have booties to put on over his shoes. It started to rain and I asked him to wipe his shoes off and he did one time. The next time he came in he appartenly did not as he left two dirty marks on the beige carpet where he was working.
I do not walk in the house with my shoes on and this serviceman had no concern for the customers property.
He also busted the steps on the swingdown steps to the attic.
This is the second time this has happened. he first time I paid to have it repaired.
It is time that brighthouse hired service personnel that cared for the customers property.
I was also told that he would explain the charges before instattation. No explanation. He handed me a folder when he left and departed.
A  1st of Dec, 2009 by
Time Warner Roadrunner service would be better titled Time Warner Road Kill. Evening performance is horrible. It is so bad it reminds me of the days of dial up modems. I sit. I wait. I get pissed. Look for another option.
A  18th of Dec, 2009 by
I had service from them several years ago. It was suppose to be forty dollars a month soon a bill came for four months service so i had it disconnected. I should not have bothered with them since when they introduced road runner to my area eight years ago i got a virus that destroyed a very expensive computer. A few years ago i decided i needed highspeed internet. I called the company and a very nice spoken superviser came on the phone and apoligized for the overcharges in the past. He said that if i would come back he would give me two months free if i would try digital cable tv with road runner.
I agreed and paid the first month, 73 dollars. For the next two months i got a bill that said do not pay, i called and verified and they said yes it was true. When january came i got a bill for three months service. I tried and tried but they would not correct it so i had it disconnected. They now claim i owe them four months bills. It has been over three years and i had problems with my dsl so i tried to get roadrunner again they say they will only put it in if i pay them 291 dollars i do not owe them.
I have called everyone in the company and a few of them tried to claim i owed them for service at an old address from over ten years ago. At the time i had a ten foot satellite dish. Another household memeber tried to get service and they claim that this address is not eligible for service even though we are just off of a main road that goes right by their office. If we had some other source or alturnative they could not be so arrogant with their billing. All they want is your name and social security number so they can bill you. They do not care a thing about service.
A  10th of Jan, 2010 by
AGREE!!! They suck. Coming to my place, telling me some bull, and the problem is still the same. Speed is so bad (no more than 220KB/sec), sometimes my digital channels are off. Can't watch TV, can't download nothing (files are corrupted). How come that they own some areas that you can not switch to someone else????? This is not fair, this is not democracy!!! We all paying for something we're not getting. AVOID TIME WARNER CABLE if you can.

Time Warner Cable Logo Time Warner Cable