Tim Hortons / wrap served at 140 promenade du portage, gatineau, 11 am, nov. 27th, 2017

Gatineau, QC, CA Review updated:

Hello

I was served today, November 28th, 2017 at around 11 am a wrap that contained a piece of beef that a part of it was as hard as stone (I guess it was microwaved). It was the Tim Hortons outlet at 140 Promenade du Portage in Hull (Gatineau).

It broke my front tooth as an object (probably some part of the microwaved meet) crunched it. I went to see the Manager of Tim Hortons to warn her not to serve this item to another customer but she was on her break at around 11:38 am. I also put into an envelope some pieces of the meat that was black and hard so that she can observe them and I wrote a letter describing the situation and I left it with the team so that nobody else is served something so dangerous. I talked to the person that prepared the wrap and she told me that it is "pretty crunchy" and she was not surprised something like that could happen. The Manager was on her break and I could not talk to her directly. It is now 5 pm and nobody was in touch with me about the incident or to inquire. I am still under a shock this has happened to me.

I went to see my dentist in Ottawa at 2 pm today as I was able to get an emergency appointment to see if the front tooth could be somehow saved. My dentist, Dr. Hum, glued the tooth to the adjacent teeth and I was told that the only option was to have an implant or replace this tooth as it was damaged to the point it could not be saved. It will take a lot of time (6 months) and more than 3, 000 CAD to replace the tooth with an artificial one as the original tooth cannot be saved. Since this is a front tooth, I need to wear some special denture (flipper). I cannot tell you how disappointed I am and I believe I should be compensated for the replacement of the tooth and the time I missed from work at a minimum.

I believe that what is served in a fast food place should not be breaking teeth and cause damages of this nature!

Very disappointed customer!
Olga

Thank you.

Ol
Nov 28, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 29, 2017

Unfortunately it is almost impossible for you to prove that the hard food was the sole cause of your tooth damage. If you're looking for them to pay for your dental care costs and loss of work, you are most likely going to have to take them to court. I cannot think of any company that would pay those costs without a court order.