Thomasville / Misrepresentation

Burlington, MA, United States
I had identified a leather couch for purchase towards the end of July 2008 and informed the sale's agent that I would likely buy it but not until the tax free weekend in August, which would save me $120.00. The sale's agent informed me that he would provide me with a 5% discount (same amount as the sales tax) if I ordered the couch that day.
I elected to do so. Half of the ticket price was charged to my credit card and the balance was charged at the time of delivery. Upon delivery I asked if the discount had been applied. The delivery guys had no knowledge and the slip they had reflected the original price. I immediately contacted the sales agent who first tried to tell me that somehow I was not entitled to the discount and then he said he'd check with the manager. After no less than 10 telephone calls with the sales agent, in which said a variety of things including, I wasn't entitled to the discount because I received the couch sooner than I would have had I waited until the sales tax holiday, that since the tax holiday had come and gone he could not make an adjustment on the price, etc. Eventually he agreed to abide by his own agreement and provide me with the discount. After not receiving it I again called and the agent who finally disclosed he had no authority to provide me with the 5% discount.
I then spoke with the manager who tried to rehash the sales agent's arguments, but they fell on deaf ears.
After I informed the manager of exactly what happened, he agreed to credit my credit card $120. At this point I am still waiting for the credit and will continue to call each week until it is received. In the meantime, I cannot recommend purchasing items from Thomasville and they have lost me, my friends and family as customers.
Li

Thomasville Furniture / Heritage Home Group Logo Thomasville Furniture / Heritage Home Group
Overall Satisfaction Rating