The Home Depot / they've repackaged/resold a drill kit without a drill

Home Depot regularly reseals used and returned merchandise without inspecting the contents of the packaging. Then they sell it again as if it were new.

I just got scammed by Home Depot when I bought a repackaged SKil cordless drill kit drill kit that was missing the drill. When I brought it back with the receipt, they laughed at me and said they wouldn't do anything about it.

There were at least 10 other people in line complaining about the same scams. There is no chance I will ever walk into another Home Depot. If you don't have another shopping choice like Lowes your area, Be Sure to Open and Check All your packages in the store before you leave.

Repackaging used merchandise and selling it as new with missing or broken components is a regular practice at all Home Depots.

Va

Comments

• Te
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I was told by store employees that illegal aliens were purchasing items, keeping what they want and returning the rest. Weeks later I myself saw a guy trying to return elect. wiring, using 20% and returing the rest for full refund. Employee caught him. The guy after him was trying to return the old part that he had replaced with the new one on the receipt.
    She said that they are doing it all of the time. She said packages like your's with lots of components are prime. Then the next honest guy comes along and buys it and gets short changed like you did. Depot knows very well that this is going on.
    I watched a guy stealing parts out of a light fixture. I told but no one cared. The next guy who buys that light fixture will have missing parts.
    Employee at the store said that the illegals are comming in groups and opening a box with 5 or 6 different power tools and each one of them walks out of the store with a tool and the box is found later in the store empty. She said that even if they see them leaving with the power tool, they are not allowed to stop them because they might get sued. ---Thats what she said!!