Telus TV / botched insatallations

Canada Review updated:

After Telus installed my TV service my phones a have ceased working. There techs have told me that the installation was done incorect. Yet they have missed there service appointments and have repeadly dodged my complaints by not responding to Emails and providing disconnected phone numbers. I can't even cancel the service without incurring a high fee.

Comments

De
  16th of Nov, 2008
I have endured the Telus Digital TV/Internet package for too long. First Installation took over 4 hours - and I had service for approximately 1 week without problems. Second Installer said that the first had installed filters in the wrong electrical room. Now everytime the phone rings both TV and Internet cut out. The last straw was coming home after work to no service at all - phone, Internet and TV. On average the Internet was down at least 3-4 hours a day. The response was that the telephone cord (that Telus installed) was too long and that the system was being interrupted by other radio signals. Each phone agent had a different response - but the only solution was to send out a third installer sometime during the week between the hours of 7 and 5. I've had a basic Telus modem for over 8 years without a problem but the move to TV/Internet has been a nightmare. If anyone has other providers that they are happy with please post.
  6th of Apr, 2009
I've tried getting Telus TV installed. So far, they've missed 3 appointments! How is that even possible!!

Telus TV - Customer Service
Telus
Alberta
Canada

Do not use a pre authorized payment with this company. They will charge extra charges without your permission. Upon cancelling the account an additional $1090 of charges were added taken added to my credit card bill. It has since been 3 weeks of phoning to try to get the charges reversed. Every time I call I am put on hold for 15-30 mintues and then put on hold again for an additional 5 minutes for the representive to review the case. Only to then tell me that he cannot do anything and they need to wait for approval from a different department to reverse the charges. When I asked to be transferred to that department they state they cannot help me. I imagine I will get my money back but not after 4 weeks wait time and several hours of being on hold and wasting my time. All because of their mistake. Will never use telus again. customer service is horrible.
  4th of May, 2012
Nice try. The charges were for 2 pvr units which were returned 2 months ago. Thanks the facts only.
  4th of May, 2012
Like I said, the money will be returned. It is the hours on hold and lack of care from the customer service department.
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You are clearly not educated on the matter. Telus owns their pvs boxes. They thought I did not return them. I did. If you don't return the pvrs, then they charge you. However, telus is such a proactive company. They dont actually know who returns pvrs and who doesn't. They rely on tracking numbers to find out who returns pvrs. Yes the customer has to phone in with this tracking number and be placed on hold again. So I did this. Charges were reversed. 2 days later charges showed up again. There have been several phone calls since. Like I said, the money will be returned, because it is mine.
  4th of May, 2012
Customer service. 7 or 8 phone calls to get this money back. And I'm probably going to have to make a few more. Horrible experience.

TELUS Communications Logo TELUS Communications