Telus / 101 45787 redirect

Surrey, BC, Canada Review updated:

I phoned their 310 mytv line to complain about losing moving channels. I was phoned back by a [protected] number. The tech
(probably from the philipines) informed me that this was a 1 month promo. I was given a 18.. number to call. I used the house phone and cannot pull it back up. That number redirected, telling me to call 101 45787 for 3.99. Surely, this is a fraud, perpetrated in the philipines, after local business hours, by THEIR OWN STAFF. It is either that, or their phone system has been hijacked after hours. Or their call back system is being hijacked after hours. Either way, directing a customer to a 1800 number which has changed, and then telling them to pay 3.99 for ... is illegal. Further, when I set up my account with Telus, I asked for the movie and sports package. IT should still be there. This is very unproffesional, and leaves me with serious concerns about how secure telus, and our information in their systems, really is.

Comments

• Se
      23rd of Jan, 2011

I lost tv service, apparently because it was a 1 month promo, on a new account. I wanted the movie channel and was given a 1-8 number which said to call 101 45787, a redirect for 3.99 message came in. This is a Fraud. Either telus has their phone service jacked at night, after hours, or telus personnell in the philipines are perpetrating this fraud. The number that called me back and gave me the bogus number to call was 18664888484... I have a feeling that all of telus' phone calls are being hijacked...

• Fe
      18th of Apr, 2011

Even now ... years later ... NOTHING has changed. TELUS' customer service continues to be absolutely appalling. Try calling them !!! The "higher than average call volumes" they experience are ROUTINE. Telus is quite simply under-staffing their customer service /tech. support department because their current customers are NOT important to them. Watch their actions - don't listen to their ###. They are well aware they require customers to wait ... often for over an hour. They suggest for faster service we use their online tech. chat service. THAT wait is ALSO over an HOUR !!!

I am a tech. support guy who does a lot of work with elders who quite often require technical support. I am VERY pleased with the service provided by SHAW and I recommend my clients switch to a SHAW bundle with phone, internet and cable. I also assist them to contact Telus customer support, but in my hour-long appointments I have NEVER been able to get through to TELUS. It seems their attitude is ... "if you have a problem ... DON'T ask us. We don't have time to help you." Now, I simply assist ALL of my clients to switch. I do it for FREE. Bye Bye TELUS !!! It makes my customers VERY happy! Oh ... and thanks for the business TELUS. People have to pay me to get the support they already pay YOU for.