Telus Mobility / continued billing after cancellation!

1 Canada Review updated:

I had a 3 year service contract for private cell phone with Telus Mobility. The contract ended and I started using a cell phone through my office so no longer needed my private line. I called to cancel the private cell was told by customer service to: give the account to my kids so they would be safe, give it to my parents so they could be safe, neighbors, etc.

I was then told it couldn't be canceled because I was in the middle of a monthly billing cycle. They continue to bill me for 2 months until I called then back and told them I was not going to pay for a cell phone I canceled and was not using. They told me they would just send the account to a collection agency if I didn't pay, which they did. They threated me with destroying my credit rating. I'm still getting harassing calls for the $40 almost 2 years later. They can get the money when they pry from my cold dead hands. What a horrible way to treat customers. I will never do business with them again.

Ro

Comments

• Bi
      29th of May, 2008

Drop your telus contract like I did on cellplandepot.ca they suck and I switched to a better provider. I think Telus is lost as they screw us over for $hundreds$ of fees for early termination but yet they launch Koodo mobile which doesn't have cancellation fees...they are mental.

• Ke
      28th of Dec, 2008

Drop Telus (Beware of Fido, Rogers and Koodo) Go with Virgin Mobile..it is not regulated by the Big-Three.. CRTC is rendered useless another example of neo-conservatives give large tax breaks to large corporations..