Telus / Landline Phone Service / bills keep coming after account has been closed

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 430-440-9567

I have canceled my TELUS phone line in May 2007. Ever since then, a bill appears in my mailbox every month with another monthly fee added to the "amount due". I called them many times, they discovered they owe me some money, I demanded a cheque, they promised it... Instead of a cheque, bills keep coming, fees keep being added, along with notices from their collection centre. My former phone number is out of service, but according to the last bill two 911 calls were made from it. When I call the customer service centre, an agent always assures me that they are working on their "billing software" problems, and that getting notices from the collection department is a mistake and it "doesn't mean anything". I am extremely sorry that I have ever requested their services, and I am afraid soon it will turn out that my perfect credit rating has been messed up due to their little mistake. They are far the slackiest and most absurd company I have ever dealt with and I think they should have gone out of business long ago.

Im

Comments

• Lo
      26th of Aug, 2008

I am currently going through a billing issue with telus. They have cut off my phone service after I have been a customer for nearly 30 years. I have not changed my address for 14 years and they have not sent me a bill since Oct 2007. I have called may times requesting bill. I told them I needed and invoice in order to pay it. I am now frustrated beyond my wildest imagination. I am in the process of looking for another phone company that will service a land line.