Telkom SA SOC — misleading sales hype
i was contacted by a salesperson some weeks ago offering an upgrade to Fibre. I told the lady I did not need an upgrade as I was happy with my present situation.
One week later I was again contacted by a lady ensuring me that changing to Fibre would be absolutely free and I would have a 'like for like' account, in other words everything would be exactly as before only faster and more reliable.
I asked her to send me the details in writing and was told that the conversation is recorded and served as a contract. I then agreed to the installation to my regret.
I previously had 40 Gbs now I have 20.
I believe Telkom have deliberately misled me and would like to know what recourse I have.
More Telkom SA SOC Complaints & Reviews
- Telkom SA - accounts department 
- Telkom - service not just serious it is ridiculous! 
- Telkom SA - slow adsl connection 
- Telkom/ Adsl Line - service and fault non-repairs 
- Telkom SA SOC - connection 3g flla wifi phone
- Telkom SA SOC - landline not activated after 12 phone calls
- Telkom SA SOC - telkom line faulty in over a year
- Telkom SA SOC - impossible to cancel
- Telkom SA SOC - wrong billing for no data.
- Telkom SA SOC - billings and inactive internet / wifi line since feb 2018