Telkom SA SOCadsl line installation

Telkom have the worst service ever, I have been waiting since last year December for a adsl line to be installed.

I received this e-mail from them on the 5th of December:
"Hi, Charlotte

Thank you!

This email serves to confirm that your online order has been placed - a credit vetting process will now commence and a Telkom agent will be in contact within 48 hours to finalise your order.

Regards,
The Telkom Team"

A telkom representative phoned me about 2 weeks late to confirm my order application.

After I went to Telkom direct the 5th of January in Kolonade retail park, the let me know that there was a confusion with my address, nobody phoned me to resolve the issue! I mean it is a telephone company, why do the not pick up a phone and find out.

On the 23rd of January I received an sms to say that a technician will com out to install the line the 24th of Jan. I took of from work, yet no technician showed at my house the 24th.

After ample phone calls to telkom they scheduled an appointment 27th of Jan, again no technician showed up. Phoned telkom again, after a week they scheduled an appointment for the 8th of Feb, the technician showed up, just to tell me he cannot complete the installation because there is a problem with the line at the pole. How is my neighbors internet working then, they are also with telkom ???????

They send me an sms again to say that they are coming out on the 15th of Feb, however I have taken off from work times already and was not able to take of from work again !

I have been phoning from the 19th of Feb again for them to give me a new date for installation where they just keep telling me, the problem is with their technical department and are unable to give me a new date. Each time I have to phone them it cost me about R50.00 out of my pocket.

Today is the 22nd of February, and nothing has been done !

I need urgent feedback regarding this, as it is unacceptable. Most pathetic service I have ever had.

Telkom ref 20/[protected]
Telkom ref 21/[protected]
Telkom ref 22/02 - 184892734b

I have had more than enough fights with telkom representatives, supervisors and managers, please get this sorted asap !

Ch
Feb 22, 2018

Comments

• Pe
      Feb 22, 2018

I applied on 23 Aug 2017 and am still waiting.

• Pe
      Feb 22, 2018

I applied on 23 Aug 2017 for new ADSL line installation and am still waiting. Phoned [protected] many times but lately they dont answer within 15m