Tata Indicom Walky / Example of bad service!

1 India Review updated:

I had a Indicom Walky for 6 months in Delhi after which i shifted to Vasundhra enclave. I have been paying my bills regularly only until i received a huge bill for the period when i shifted my place and when i had not been getting any service to this new place. Me, as any consumer would question of having to pay for something i did not use. As I have all the consumer rights to ask for a detail bill, I asked the customer service people to do so. I was working in a company still i took days off to sit with the service people. I had asked for a detailed bill but every time the person came without it. Like any other consumer i refused to pay the bill unless i get the detail bill. I had informed the person, that I were leaving India shortly, in spite of this he did not produce the bill on time. How the hell will i be able to pay it. As per my schedule i had to leave the country and now after 8 months of sleeping, they suddenly send a legal notice to my family in gujarat, when they are completely clueless about it. Due to the bad customer service of Tata Indicom people i have to undergo this humiliation amongst my family.

I had wasted enough time in India to resolve this simple issue of showing me the bill and i pay. But repeatedly the Indicom service failed.

Would someone inform me on how should i react to an example of bad bad service... where are the consumer right laws. How can i resolve this issue sitting here in Italy.

Comments

• Dr
      9th of Dec, 2006

I am also fed up with these tata guys. My tata walky no is 0522/6544031 & i have deposited the rs 1122/ for 3yr rental free plan. But i am still receiving the bill with the rental charged. When i talked to 121 they said that no money was transferred from luck now. U r rightly called them as cheats!

• Na
      11th of Jan, 2007

Not getting any help or service from tata teleservices pvt, ltd, so i suggest to all my friends to not to purchase tata telephone because of their bad service

21st of Jan, 2007

A copy of email to Tata Indicom:

I took up a connection from Tata Indicom by paying 2020/- as installation charges. But from the day I got the installation, i have been facing problem with your company. There was a data cable to be provided by the company for accessing internet. But in spite of calling your customer care again and again, I was told that the company doesn’t have the cable right now. Then I was told that I should buy the cable and the amount will be waved of from the bill.

I bought the cable but when I tried accessing the internet, I found out that the instrument was faulty. I again complaint for this and your executive promised me that this will be taken care within 4 days of time. The complaint was raised on Friday (11/01/2007). I waited for 4 days, but there was no call back from your people. I again called them up and I was told that the company does not have the new instrument.

So this means that the company is not giving any new connection to the customers because the company don’t have the instruments.

I went to your main sales office and met Mr. Gunjan on 16/01/07, who seems to be a senior person there and had a talk with him and he promised me that the instrument will be replaced on the same day. I waited for the whole day but no body turned up. Next day (17/01/2007), I called him up and asked him about what is he doing. Then he said that I am checking and let you know. Two hours passed but nothing happened. Then I called him up and he started saying that I am trying and will let you know. He started talking in a very rude way and asked me that “if you are in a hurry, do what ever you want to do I am not entertaining you and kept the phone. I am not doing your service. As soon the company is available with the instrument, you will have it.” These were the wording of your Sales Head. That is great.

On repeated calling your company, nothing is done and they are least bothered about it.

Sir, the kind of mental torture I am going thru all these 21 days, only I know. I am living with my mother and I don't have a father. The money that I am spending is not coming to me from trees; it’s hard earned money.

Please do or suggest that what can be done and or else I want to stop this connection and get the money back that I have paid. These is no place in Delhi, that I have not approached. Pathetic Service you have for the customers.

Following are the complaint numbers launched so far:

In spite of all these complaints, nothing has been done and my problem is not solved. Tell me what to do.

Thanking you

Anil Kumar

• Bi
      19th of Mar, 2007

I took the walky connection from the agency of tata indicom in a district of kerala named Kannur. I took the walky connection bearing number as 09287277655 last year by february2006. I was using this connection for the major use of internet. Till this last month(February 2007) i was able to access internet and make calls without any problem. From this month onwards i am neither able to make calls or access internet. Then i contacted the customer care (121). I was told that my problem will be resolved with in 24 hours. But in vain. Then i contacted the agency from where i bought the phone. Even they were not able to give proper resolution. I was fed up. I lost much of my orders due to that. Then ultimately, I was forced to mail my cancellation letter. The major part to think is that within a span of 13 months, I have paid their bill approx 25,000/= without any due or late payment. I was there very precious customer. But now i feel very much irritated about there service part. They are looking only to increase there sales and never consider much about there service. Is this the way such a renowned company named TTSL should do??? I really feel disgusted.

• Pu
      11th of Apr, 2007

Let me begin by saying that Tata Indicom is the biggest cheat and fraudsters company I have ever come across in the Consumer market. I bought a Tata Indicom Walky last year and just after 3 months of getting the connection, these people started sending inflated bills. Upon complaining, I was promised that the amount would be adjusted in my future bills, but that never happened. To add to it, they disconnected my outgoing saying that I need to pay the inflated bills. Their customer service... as bad as it can get... in fact its worst I have ever seen. Anybody and everybody reading this post... please... I would request you not to go for Tata Indicom ever...

• Dr
      16th of Apr, 2007

This is to complain about the mental torture i had to go through due to some employee of this company who removed my call details of my land line no which is 05226541902 for some friend of his who is now mentally torturing my family with abusive languages and on the no's on which there were frequent calls being made from my this no i am also planning a legal action against this company because this has happened the second time while the complaints have been made repeatedly.

• Ka
      6th of Jul, 2007

I have a tata indicom walky 6452459. I used its internet but some times when the computer was off the instrument showing readings of internet running. Even if, we tried to disconnect we were failed. On complaint the instrument was changed. But the bill was increased unexpectedly. At last i changed my plan to cut short my bill and did not use internet. But this time bill comes triple time. I asked for details. They said to be sent but not received by me till date.

25th of Feb, 2009

This is not the first time TATA indicom is taking customers for a ride. I have been using this phone for long. I have faced frequent billing problems. Like metering starts when the ring-back tone is heard. Immatured calls being metered. Poor QoS. To top it all they have Call centres poorly informed and not in the same city.Recently they sent an written offer of free gift and to take the responsibilty of fooling the customer, by handing over repair of their defective handset to the customer. Either their undersigned DIRECTOR proved to be a LIAR.They have not honoured the letter, or they have not been informed.I visited their soppe and the people toldme they are not aware of the letter or the promised gift. I have no option as my number is widely circulated.If only TRAI comes up with mobility. I am planning to move out.

ANISH