Tata Indicom / Usb Modem Ec325 / Connection not given!

I paid cash and purchased EC325 modem from Tata Indicom 10 days back. Till now there is no connection. The tata indicom dealer person says, connection cannot be given and cash cannot be given. When i contacted tata indicom people they just started finding to whom this complaint to be diverted. Such a big company they are not able to do a better service. i have purchased this through tata shareholder account.

I think anyone going through such a company first look at the service and then buy the product instead looking at brand.

A  12th of Aug, 2007 by
Take BSNL WLL connection on LAPTOP it gives more speed 144kbps with Rs 250/- only contact nearest BSNL office.
A  5th of Sep, 2007 by
Hey I too agree with u, I am also facing a big problem with this one... these companies are just a crap mainly reliance and tata!
A  13th of Sep, 2007 by
I have taken TataIndicom usb modem. the speed is drastically slow. they told me that their speed is 114kbps. but I never seen that much speed. I am not even interested to contact them. I know that its full of wastage of time. I am just waiting for BSNL broadband. once I got broadband connection I will close this connection.
A  17th of Sep, 2007 by
I am at Bangalore, I am using Airtel data card which is dead y connecting speed 3-4kbps , i can not download my mails 200 per day to outlook, browsing is very slow but for name sake that i am 247 connected i am paying 999/- pm. I am in suburb so no ADSL is possible. One of my colleague told that TATA USB is better

By seeing comments above, i m in doubt to go or not ? Can anyone suggest
N  18th of Sep, 2007 by
Man..the same ol' story is with every service provider i guess. Their customer care executives say tht they give a speed of 115 kbps, 480 kbps ...n what not. This is what gets us customers going for their package. The trouble is that the speed they claim is the bandwidth with which our laptops are connected to ( can u see...??...yea..!! bottom rite corner with the two TVs flashing..(sigh..)) but when it comes down to downloading , an attachment in your mail for example, the download pop-up is where you guys see the actual speed. my airtel gprs gives a download speed in "bps"....yup..!! thts rite not "kbps" but "bps" ( NCR region)...was thinkin of going for a new connection but thanks to you guys....i dont c tht happening anymore...!!
A  19th of Sep, 2007 by
I am Maalik Baloch from pakistan plz tell me can i tata iandia com use in pakistan & what prise /what speed this is very good use for net
N  19th of Sep, 2007 by
And send me other information for this
A  26th of Sep, 2007 by
I too have applied for broadband connection with reliance, the sales agent from reliance received 3300 rupees, he diagnosed my laptop and gave data card which is not compatible with my laptop, my laptop has usb port only,

After receiving money he didn't come to me for activation and when I contacted him, he intentionally not responding my calls.

Neither, this datacard is use to me nor my account activated., I lost 3300 rupees.

Don't trust these bunch of idiots.
N  9th of Oct, 2007 by
I'm also thinkin to buy Tata usb tel. Should I buy it or not?
N  25th of Oct, 2007 by
I want to know BSNL USB mode for laptop, price and speed! Pls help me!
A  23rd of Nov, 2007 by
I want good internet connection Airtel. reliance, Tata Indicom Please help me which was best. I am living in Aurangabad district.
A  1st of Dec, 2007 by
In Nov 2007, I had purchased the so called "tata Indicom plug 2 surf USB modem".

Connectivity Home town:
Excellent - connects in less than 5 seconds.

Real download speed is 136Kbps and upload speed is 43 Kbps
(I used http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ for speed test)

Connectivity outside home town:
Zero - mine just did not work.

While purchasing this device I was assured that the modem would work outside my home town location ( Goa ). Two days after purchasing the modem I had to go to Mumbai and found that the modem would not work. It shows full network strength, it appears as if it is connected to the net but when I try to surf or send email ... nothing happens. I was in Mumbai for 4 days and kept trying everyday... same results.

When I got back to Goa, the modem started working again ... so I decided to complain about it (took me over one hour as they kept transfering me from department to department). It is now two days since the complaint was made and the issue has not been resolved.

I have yet to receive the first bill so right now I cannot comment on it.... I keep my fingers crossed.

A  4th of Dec, 2007 by
Yes, I agree to you guys. TATA Indicom is a universal waste. Their service is pathetic..no matter how high you go and escalate, there is no one to take care of our problems. Every weekend my connection is down and have to log a complaint. Despite following up for 3-4 times, I don't get any response. I was told I will get 2 MBPS speed for which I am paying Rs1200 but I get a snail pace of less than 10KBPS... Once my problem was not resolved for 3 weeks and didn't get any cut in my bill... I am planning to change the service provider ASAP... my suggestion is DON'T EVER EVER GO TO TATA... %&^%^(*&^&^&*...
A  8th of Dec, 2007 by
The service is too bad. Damn slow!
D  9th of Dec, 2007 by
Service is really bad...
A  11th of Dec, 2007 by
I have purchased the TataIndicom Plug 2 Surf usb modem... its dead slow... My actual download speed does not go above 3 kiloBytes per second(kBps)... This is around 22 kilobytes per second(kbps)... I used the speed test from the following link...

Any other users of TataIndicom Plug 2 Surf usb modem, please tell me your download speed rates... It will be really useful for me... Thanks in advance...

Take Care...!
A  2nd of Jan, 2008 by
I am using a TATA Indicom USB Modem for Internet surfing over my laptop since 29.12.2007. I have been assured the speed @ of 153.6 kbps, but infortunately I am getting a poor speed of just 35 kbps only. I contacted the customer care as well as service center but their service is pathetic. I am just repenting to you use it. Hoping that I would get the real speed very soon.
N  7th of Jan, 2008 by
Hi All,

I am using Tata Indicom USB Modem is last 2 months the speed is slow as compared to broadband. But it allows me to remain online wherever I go. Its much better then compared to Airtel GPRS though the charges are quite high but the good news is that BSNL has come now in this market and has launched its wireless USB Modem and giving WLL Internet Connection. But we will have to wait and see first how is their service.

Calling Customer Care Center is the last thing we should do, because we know more than them always. Because they always give incomplete or incorrect information. I guess its because they are outsource to some BPO center.

If you need high speed internet then no one can beat BSNL broadband and if you want internet on move then Tata Indicom is much better then Airtel and Reliance.
N  8th of Jan, 2008 by
Sir ,i want to more about the bsnl usb wireless modem...price and new plans...please help me ;;;
A  15th of Jan, 2008 by

I am also facing the same problem. At my end the downloading speed is 700Bytes not in kb... when i purchase The TataIndicom USB modem then the deler said to me that with this device you will get wonderfull speed but the result is on the other hand..

Tata Indicom baners their adds " sift to TataIndicom and experience the difference ". Great whats the Service...

TataIndicom is a very very durty company. This company can't meet the Customer needs...

Dear readers i want to suggest you to sift to " BSNL " not others .. only BSNL the best in India.

Tata Teleservices Logo Tata Teleservices