TATA Indicom / Sudden withdrawal of value added service

1 India Review updated:

I was shocked to know that tata indicom is closing there value pack of free incoming while roaming... I purchased 2 phones of tata indicom due to this scheme only... And sudden withdrawal of this service is going to land me up in problem... When i asked for the reason from the customer care they said what can u do by knowing this ridiculous... At least a roper reason should be given... If you are closing this scheme for the new connection it should remain active for the users who are already using it... What kind of postpaid connection is it??? In postpaid connection when u subscribe for a service it should be activated throughout... I know there will be no impact of this complaint but i just want to suggest people please never go for tata phones... I have not seen a single people who is happy with indicom.

Fr

Comments

• Ha
      25th of Feb, 2007
    TATA Indicom Value Added Service - Discontinuation of services
    India

I bought a TATA indicom mobile in June2006 with the Value Added Service of unlimited free incoming while roaming. Now suddenly they are withdrawing this facility. How can they do this to all the existing customers. They may revise the tariffs but cannot withdraw the facility.

• So
      13th of Apr, 2007

Same problem is with me and me and my friends have decided to give up and Tata Indicom & Opt for Reliance they have one voucher called 675 and all India reliance to reliance calls are free. I bet me and my friends will surrender all our connections because of this. I will give you at least 10 no.s those who are paying heavy bills will surrender this...

• Vi
      16th of May, 2007

Very bad service because i want prepaid connection sim kit but there is no kit of palam, dwarka so, i am in very tension.

• Ya
      13th of Jun, 2007

Even i agree with this, they withdrew this service saying that no other service provider gives this service now reliance and bsnl have come forward to provide free roaming. I'm fed up i moved to tata form reliance only for the sake that it has free incoming while roaming that too unlimited. i too agree with this user who has posted this comment when you plan to withdraw any plan it should be continued at least to the existing users. I have three connections and my friends have another 6 connections if this is not changed then we are planning to move to other service providers. I think this is the reason why tata indicom is not able to compete with other service providers. Indicom ppl don't care for their customers as others do. If this is going to continue then one day there will be no tata indicom and that day will come soon... :(

• Av
      28th of Jun, 2007

Same case here, I had bought two Tata - indicom post paid connection, upon the assurance of Tata Marketing guys. When I had purchased the Phone I was assured that what ever services are given to you now will remain with you till the time you are availing the service. Now suddenly Tata Guys have taken off this offer. I have surrendered both my connections due to this reason. I have had a financial loss due to that (Cost of two CDMA hand sets) and of course the feeling of being cheated by a major telecom player in the country. Tata Teleservices should seriously review this.

The biggest joke is, when I called the customer care they gave me the reason "This has been done as per the instruction from TRAI"

Everyone knows TRAI has been working to slash down the communication rates, when did ask TATAS to do so. I at all such kind of decision came from TRAI why this was not flashed in the Media. I would not mind if tomorrow Kajol and Ajay Devgan come in a Add and ask users "Switch from Tata Indicom, its bull ###"

2nd of Jul, 2007

Hi,

Tata Indicom is a big theft, plz don't go for any value added services from tata.
    I had taken a 'Twin talk STD Light Pack' under which call to only one tata indicom number is @ 25 paise per minute. I asked for a number and for two days they told me the same number which i had asked for and then they them self changed to some other number and from 1st June i have been requesting them to resolve the issue and these people have made my bill as per normal call rates of Rs.2.50 per minute. They have taken an interim payment of Rs. 5500 from me saying that my credit limit is only Rs.1000 and my rest amount will be adjusted once my bill will be generated. My out going is barred from a month, so this tata indicom is fake and better for all to keep away from these cheats. I call customer care daily 5 times and they say that they are following up...

• Pa
      10th of Aug, 2007

I am one of the Tata Indicom post paid mobile customers adversely affected by a recent tariff change effected by Tata Indicom as described below.

2. On being offered an optional package promising unlimited free incoming while roaming for an additional monthly charges of Rs.150 by Tata Indicom, I had subscribed to three Tata Indicom post paid mobile numbers (9230542123, 9230541639 & 9230541640) with the following tariff structure for each mobile:

a) Plan Name: Business Silver;
    b) Monthly rental Component: Rs.224/-
    c) Roaming Rental: Nil with roaming tariff same as home tariff;
    d) Unlimited Free Incoming while Roaming Package: Rs.150/- p.m.,
    subscription to which was optional;

Thus the minimum total monthly commitment was Rs.374/- per mobile number with the facility to receive unlimited free incoming calls while roaming.

3. Subscribing to Tata Indicom required me to purchase new CDMA handsets. I was also given to understand that the package offering unlimited free incoming while roaming package would always be available to me because it was insulated from future regulatory restrictions as roaming to Tata Indicom customers was available on its own network only.

4. It is learn that in its recent regulatory order TRAI has advised cellular companies not to levy roaming rental from their customers and has prescribed reduced roaming call charges. This order was not supposed to affect CDMA operators viz. Tata Indicom, Reliance Infocomm etc. as these providers offered roaming on their own networks only and had not been charging their customers any roaming rentals. However, taking advantage of the recent TRAI tariff orders on roaming, Tata Indicom, in a communique, has on its own effected the following tariff changes in my case, citing recent regulatory orders pertaining to roaming:

a) Monthly rental component increased from Rs.224/- to Rs.374/- (224+150);
    b) Unlimited Free Incoming while Roaming Package offer worth Rs.150/- scrapped and in its place a complimentary 750 minutes of free incoming while roaming has been offered leaving the minimum monthly commitment of Rs.374/-, unaltered.

5. This makes it clear that the above tariff adjustments effected by Tata Indicom is illegal and it has been effected by deliberate misinterpretation and taking advantage of the roaming tariff regulations recently advised by TRAI.

6. Do any of you know whether the original service terms of unlimited free incoming has been restored in case of any user?

Mr. Parwez Ahmed,
    E-mail: parwez1269@hotmail.com

• Sr
      26th of Sep, 2007

Dear all,

I am facing many problems using TATA Indicom Connection, i have a Head set LG 6335, now i want to change my connection From TATA To Reliance So please give me what i have to do for the same

• Bh
      8th of Aug, 2008

TRAI has objected to this revolutionary plan of Tata Indicom lately and asked them to stop unlimited free incoming calls while roaming. they were helpless but to remove this plan from market.

I am using Tata Indicom service for the past 4 years and I feel they are providing exceptionally good service just match the tarriffs on theirs with others on yourbillbuddy.com and you will know all.

Also the 49 paise acheme given by others was started by aTata Indicom an year back.

Trust them they will surely deliver.

Tata Indicom - the only brand in India with no conditions apply.

Thanks,
    Bhavin

• Pi
      18th of Sep, 2008

Today, between 6:15 and 7:15 pm in the evening, my mother's Tata Indicom handset (number 9224262938) was stolen from Santacruz area in Mumbai.

Inspite of repeated efforts to get in touch with customer care to get the number blocked, I have been unable to do so. There has been no response from the number given even when dialing "9" to talk to the customer care agent.

I request that a separate section both telephonic and online be developed to handle the loss/theft of cell phones so that abuse of calls by thieves and terrorists can be prevented.

PLEASE BLOCK THE NUMBER 9224262938

• Ar
      14th of Oct, 2008

Same case here ..
    I lost my cell and want to block my SIM. I made contact with custmore care but similar problems . my card is not yet blocked.
    Stolen person can misuse the card.. so i think Custmore Care should take care of it specially...

4th of Nov, 2008

surrender my postpaid no as soon as possible

• Sk
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I Sk Wasim Akram send a mail to nodal officer regarging activation of my connection no. 9230001000. But still i didn't get any reply

from there side except one call from hyderabad India, They said me we will mail you with detail today (23/04/2009). But i did not

receive any mail from there side still. Are this is Tata Telecom Service Of Nodal officer toward Customer?

I am Attached a copy of that mail Below.

----- Forwarded Message ----
    From: Sk Wasim Akram
    To: nodalofficer.kol@tatatel.co.in
    Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:51:40 PM
    Subject: ACTIVATION OF CONNECTION NO.9230001000

Dear Mr.Pankaj Sengupta,

I Sk Wasim Akram by Occupation Business Man owner of Wasim Enterprise.

PURCHASED DETAILS:-

Life Time Cmo Connection No.9230001000 : Rs. 4000.00

Life Time Charge : Rs. 561.00

Nokia 6275 : Rs. 8999.00

Huawei C5100 : Rs. 3799.00

Total Purchased Amount : Rs. 17565.00
    on 18/04/2009 From TVH Howrah (Avishek Banerjee).

He said me it will activate by Monday (20/04/2009) But still it is not activate. Today is (23/04/2009).

Therefore i am sending this mail to you & please provide me what is the reason for not activation.

And i request you to activate my tata connection no. 9230001000 today because it is urgent. & also

I would like to inform you if it will not be activate within today then i request you please refund my Rs.17565.00 & deactivated my other two connection which is running in my name.

please do the needful

Resi : +91 33 2653 6000

fax : +91 33 2653 8000

Email : skwasim_akram@yahoo.com

: wasimenterprise@in.com

Bankra Bartala Bara Bagan, PO: Bankra, PS: Domjur, Howrah: 711403, West Bengal, India.