Tata Indicom Broadband & Internet / Deactivation of email & dial up account.
I have a postpaid dialup account with this company from the last 12 years. I use the email provided by them as my primary email account. They have my credit card details on thier file. This card expired on 31st. July 2009. The bank had already renewed the card with the same number but different expiry. Tata Indicom deactivated my account on 1st. August without any prior intimation to me. On calling their customer service they sent me a facilitation form on email asking me to fill it up and give it to the local Indore office. I did the needful, but thier local Indore office refused to accept it.
I tried to contact the nodal officer, but his phone was switched off throughout the day,
I then sent it by courier to their Mumbai and Pune offices on 1st August.
I contacted the customer service helpline again on 3rd August and they asked me to send them a scanned copy of the filled in facilitation form on their email.
I did as instructed. Still nothing happened on 3rd, or even 4th August.
Their customer service has allotted me a complaint number and that is all. They say that it is being attended to on a priority basis, but even after 6 days since I have been contacting them, nothing has been done.
My questions to them are:
1. Why wasnt I warned in advance that the card stored in their records is going to expire and that I had to submit new card details?
2. Why wasnt I given a grace period of 2-3 days to do the needful?
3. Why is it that their Indore staff dont know a thing about this process?
4.Why is it that it takes them so long to restore the account back to working after my getting in touch with them and giving them the new card details?
5. I am an oncologist and I get all my important emails on that account only from patients and colleagues. They give a paltry 5 MB mailbox space. If the mailbox is not emptied the mails start to bounce back. I have told them about the importance of the same, but they are just to lazy to care.
6. They constantly harp in their emails that they are attending to this on a priority basis, and if they cannot restore an email account back to active status even after 6 days when working on a 'priority basis', one shudders to think what happens when they work on a 'normal' basis.
It appears that their company functions like a colonial government organisation with red tapism and passing the buck attitude.
It makes me sad because I used to consider Tata group companies as customer friendly.
Dr. Anil Singhvi
108-110, Manas Bhavan,
11, RNT Marg,
More Tata Indicom Broadband & Internet Complaints & Reviews
- Tata Photon Whiz - Connection problem; the remote computer does not respond 
- [Resolved] Tata Indicom CDMA 1x Usb Modem - Complaint 
- [Resolved] TATA Indicom - Tata indicom is a scam! 
- [Resolved] TATA Indicom - Poor customer service 
- Tata Indicom Walky / Prepaid Recharge Vouchers - 1120 / vouchers unavailable in the market! 
- TATA TeleServices - tata landline headset
- TATA Indicom - Cheating in bill rental
- TATA TeleServices - Fixed landline not working for past 5 days
- [Resolved] TATA Indicom - Excess deduction amount 
- Tata Photon - Tata photon is a big cheater. Never go for them