Target Visa / interest rate increase

1 Mary, CA, United States Review updated:

Target Visa sent a letter saying the interest on their credit card was rising to 23% because there had been too many inquiries into our credit history. That's because every credit card we had did the same thing! They would not even work with us to lower the interest rate; however, they did lower our credit amount each time a payment was made. They said they were not "allowed" to lower anyone's interest rate. This is a true RIPOFF!

Comments

• Wo
      16th of May, 2010

Gregg.Steinhafel@target.com
    612-696-6234
    fax: 612-696-6325

Assistant:
    Denise May
    Denise.May@target.com
    612-696-6243

Let the CEO know how you feel

• Pa
      15th of Sep, 2010

I called them last November 2009 to have my interest rate lowered. I always make my payments on time (one exception several years ago I was late once - an oversight on my part) and have been a customer for years. They said that they no longer lower customer rates and I spoke to a few people. Not only did they refuse but earlier this year they raised my rate tremendously. I was still paying on time and have an excellent credit rating. I am warning people as well that they will sock it to you and are not willing to work with you. DO NOT EVER GET A TARGET CREDIT CARD!

Paula, North Carolina