Target / this is the most ridiculous policy I have ever seen

United States Review updated:

In today’s ad you advertise a Baby Boat Float for $12, went to the store just now at 12:00 p.m. after church and your store and all stores in Sacramento were out of them. The store I went to said there were 7 in stock and sold out at 8:00 a.m. I thought could order online and this product cannot be sold on line according to your web site. Everytime it seems I want a product at Target, and I realize it is summer, or whatever time of the year it is, your stores do not get very many of them and it is first come first serve, I realize, however, but not everyone can come in when your store opens. You could at least have it online when it is advertised in your weekly ads. It is very frustrating.

On a good note though I do love Target and especially your grocery department. There are very few items I can’t find at your store without going to a grocery store, but that is alright. While shopping at Target this past weekend, I purchase one bottle of wine. When checking out, the clerk asked to see my ID. I showed her my DL and she said she had to scan it. I told her to take the wine off our bill and she said she couldn’t do that (why not–too much trouble?). We have purchased liquor from all kinds of retail stores and have never been asked to scan our DL. I let her do it but realized I should have refused.

There is already too much of our information out there. This is the most ridiculous policy I have ever seen–when did you start doing this? I will never buy liquor from Target ever again!! We are usually asked to see our ID for verification when using a credit card, which I have no problem with. You need to rethink this policy! An unsatisfied customer!

Fi

Comments

• Ti
      28th of Dec, 2011

The strip on the back of your ID is intended to be swiped, or else it would not be there. The clerk is only doing what is asked of her for the sake of her job. Get off your high horse and accept that the world is technologically evolving.

• Th
      4th of May, 2012

If they put in online as well as a store sale, wouldn't there be even less of them at the store level? Your solution only makes the problem worse.

When the I.D. is scanned, it only lifts your DOB. No information is sold to marketing groups or terrorists. Calm down. It has to be scanned due to fake I.D.s and to ensure every cashier asks for I.D.

"We are usually asked to see our ID for verification when using a credit card, which I have no problem with."

It is actually against Visa's merchant agreement to require an I.D. for a credit card purchase as long as the card is signed. So the one policy you're fine with is the one they shouldn't be doing.