Target - Tallahassee, FL / poor customer service

United States Review updated:
I would like to share my unpleasant experience I had today in Target at Appalachee Pkway! I was shopping on the clearance rack today in the boys section. When an employee named Brittany came up folding tshirts on the back wall next to the rack where I already was. While I was holding up the shirts for my son to decide if he liked, mind you the shirts are against her back at this point and I had no personal space. I asked Brittany if I was in her way? She proceded to say No I will be done in a minute. I did ignore this and proceeded to look at the clothes. The more I thought about the situation the more it bothered me and upset me. I then proceeded to tell my mother I expect to get this type of service from Walmart but never Target. I also stated to my Mother I am sure Brittany is at Target longer days than I am and to bother a customer is just wrong! Brittany is now across the way straighten other clothes. Then Brittany yells from that section that I could have asked her to move and that she wasn't there for 8hrs a day. This is when I decided to go up front to get the store manager instead of waiting until I left the store. While I was up at the front of the store I hear Brittany over the radio I need a assisance immediately in the Boys Section. Erica the Front End Manager is now assisting me and I have explained this whole situation to her and she is very apologetic and is sorry about the customer service I have received. Brittany is in the other section of the boys talking to Wayne the Store Manager and Security about the situation. Which was very embarassing since I wasn't the one yelling in the store instead I was the one that was yelled at by a sales associate name Brittany! Mind you Wayne still hasn't come to assist me in the problem that arised he is still with Brittany instead of me. When he decides to come Security follows Wayne as if I was the one that was abusive in the situation! I never got ugly or yelled at anyone! I asked Wayne who was wrong in this situation and he would never say! His only statement was he couldn't say who was wrong! I am very disappointed in the service I received from Target today! Erica the front end manager was very nice in this situation and I am sorry Wayne couldn't apologize for the bad service his sales associate has given me during my visit at Target today! I did leave my cart of things there and I don't see me or my family shopping at Target for a very long time! I have always talked about perfect service at Target but I will now go back to shopping at Walmart which is only 5 minutes from home instead for 25minutes from home. I would like a response from Target in the poor customer service I have received from Tallahassee Target since I never received an apology from the Store Manager!

Tabatha R.

N  26th of Aug, 2007 by
I am writing to request that upper management of Target create a policy that prohibits pharmacists from denying (or harassing) customers from purchasing birth control at the Target pharmacy. I choose to shop at Target, over Wal Mart, for the past 10 years and also have had a Target credit card during that time--the only credit card I own. However, since our choices and behaviors reflect our values, I must boycott shopping at Target until the upper management of Target creates a policy I can support. Does the Target culture want to make a statement that it is taking a side on this issue. By prohibiting the purchase of birth control, it is doing just that. And if that is the case, Target will lose MANY customers... trust me--you've already lost me until (not unless) things change. By the way, incase you didn't hear, Wal Mart has created a policy addressing this issue. Thank you for your time.
N  6th of Nov, 2007 by
I believe by law they have to have at least one person on staff who will sell it to you. I would check your local laws, you may have something there. Be strong girl! Don't let closed minded fools bring you down!!
N  12th of Jul, 2009 by
The pharmasict reserves the right to refuse the sale Plan B. They don't HAVE to give it to you. Just like they have the right to refuse to fill your Rx. It is up to the Pharmasict. There is no law.

Target Brands Logo Target Brands