Target Stores / unfair business practices

Target Stores has unfair business practices and violates consumer rights! I returned something in January with a receipt over 90 days, and had to go threw hell, to only be able to get one item in exchange for the 5 I returned. My son was born in November , and we got unnecessary presents that we wanted to exchange, even with tags on them they run it against your license. After 2 times a year you are black-listed. I got a pair of shorts for my birthday, they happened to be from target. All I wanted to do was exchange them for the right size. REJECTED! This seems like a consumer violation! I can't help- that someone got something for me from target. I didn't try to get money back, I simply wanted to exchange it for the correct size. It still had the tags on it. Is there a class-action lawsuit against them yet?

N  4th of Jan, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Violates consumer rights? where on earth do you think this company is violating consumer rights? what are consumer rights? Any store has the right to set policies and procedures that protect their assests. Targets return policy is "A receipt dated within 90 days of purchase is needed for ALL returns and exchanges". It is not Targets fault you did not recieve a gift receipt with your gift. You cannot go to the store and buy a bunch of things and then try to return them without ANY proof of Purchase! How can anyone think they could. As far as the 90 days! That is more then enough time to make it to a target store to return/exchange.
D  8th of Feb, 2011 by
You sound like a Target [censor]-Kisser - are you an ETL, LOD or Team Lead?
If not, you should be - [censor] kisser! What the [censor] do you know anyway.?You probably do what your told, when your told and say yes sir and no maam everytime. They tell you to jump and you do - you're so sad...
A  8th of Feb, 2011 by
Dear Dan,
You are right - in a way. Target will allow exchanges. They are suppose to honor the 90 day return policy and at times have been known to extend that as long as it's not too long of a time frame. Anything that is purchased on line can also be returned to any Target store in the US. You will get back what you paid for the item when you purchased it online however. If you are returning a gift, you will be given a gift card. If you need to exchange a size, you can do so but it is wise to keep your receipts. I have returned several items and have never had a problem - yet. That's not to say it won't happen. If you return something that was bought as a gift or if the item was on sale and you don't have your receipt you will be refunded the sale price of the item. If you spent 15.oo on something and it's on sale for 2.99 - you get the 2.99.

Target Brands Logo Target Brands