Target / registry

1 Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:

I was registered with Target Baby. We purchased a Diaper Champ from the local Target from our baby registry because we wanted the nursery finished. When we set it up (a few days later) we discovered the Diaper Champ was cracked. We could not find the receipt but the item was listed as purchased from our Baby Registry. My husband attempted to return the item for an exchange for a Diaper Champ that was not broken and was told he could not even though the item was clearly purchased from Target (from the registry) within the last 30 days. In addition, the guest services staff told hikm there was no manager to speak with to help him. We will never shop at Target again and I warn everyone to not register with a company that has such poor customer service.

Comments

• Dr
      14th of Nov, 2007
    Target - Registry
    Target.com

Recently my wife and I opened a gift registry at Target. After our wedding we found that of the many items that were purchased at Target, there were 4 duplicates. This should not have been a problem as they were on our registry, and our customer support person who helped us set up the registry told us that no receipt would be needed for registry returns. Unfortunately this was not the case. When attempting to return the merchandise I was confronted with contempt by customer service clerks and treated like a criminal instead of an individual who had been shopping there for years.

Apparently there was a Policy change 12 days before the registry was opened. The Target representative who aided in the creation of registry specifically told us that any item on the registry could be returned for store credit. That saved us the tackiness of asking for a gift receipt. To say that I am appalled at Target's lack of concern over this issue is an understatement. Instead of addressing the problem, I was told the error was in my part. I'm sorry to say but my only mistake was trusting the Target representative. I'm now a former customer.