Target / target card

IN, United States Review updated:
Signing up for any Target registry is a bad idea, and signing up for a Target card is even worse. I purchased items at Target in Alpharetta, Ga. on Sept. 10, 2008 for my terminally ill sister. I was able to use her AmerX card for the transaction and sign for her in her absence. The lady checking me out asked if my sister would like a Target card, and said I could fill out the application for my sister, only if I gave up all my own pertinent identification for the process, and then she proceded to change the transaction to be applied to my sister's store account, I thought. I realized I had been duped on October 6 when I recieved a new Target card and a bill for $254 for my sister's purchases. I already had a Target card, why would I need another one? It is reprehensible that Target would take advantage of my vulnerability at that time, 700 miles away from home, taking care of a dying sister and outrageously lie, and lure me into opening a store account, for what I thought would be a justifiable act for my sister to make purchasing items easier. Target has refused to reverse the transaction back to my sister's AmerX card to be paid by her estate, she died on Sept. 16 2008.

Comments

Li
  25th of Aug, 2009
So you're blaming an enitre company over what one idiot cashier did?
Ga
  27th of Aug, 2009
comment above + why are you getting a credit card for someone who is going to die
St
  29th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You're complaining about a Target cashier taking over for your vulnerabililty? Such total lies and slander. Sounds like you were interested in the 10% off discount for applying for a Target Red Card, which you surprinsingly fail to mention in your post. Look lady, we all know you just wanted that additional discount because why else would you apply for some random Target Red Card without knowing the perks?

You should be blaming yourself for not taking the responsiblity of what a credit card will do to you instead of blaming someone else for your responsibility.

Also, it's pretty sad that you're using your sister's death in vain just to get people to feel sorry for you.

Good job being a terrible sister.
Wo
  20th of Apr, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Target fans and apologists, Target has tons of complaints, 'Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Mj
  14th of May, 2010
Target is a crummy retailer IMHO, if you have a problem with Target call the CEO and his assistant

Gregg.Steinhafel@target.com