Target / rude worker

Santa Barbara Blvd.Cape Coral, FL, United States Review updated:

I'm sure most of you know about the economy in the US and let me tell you I live in Cape Coral, FL, one of the leading forclosure cities in the US. I shop at Target on a weekly basis and spend a bunch of money there...well not anymore. We went to do some xmas shopping and noticed a great sale on guitar hero with two guitars for wii. We were bummed because we had bought just the game a week before. We spoke to a salesperson, who was really helpful. We explained the situation and also mentioned we had thrown away the receipt. He told us no problem, as long as the game was not opened we could return it and get store credit and then use that toward the new purchase, which we were going to spend $60 more for. So target would have made another $60 bucks on us. My husband goes to the service desk and talks to this horribly rude girl who refuses to do this. We are told that without a receipt we can't even get store credit! We can get nothing. Shame on me for not saving the receipt, shame on target for not allowing their customers to return unopened merchandise to buy something more expensive??? My poor husband was treated like crap by this girl. She was rude, mean and really not in the holiday spirit!! I have four children and a husband and we shop at target all the time and spend a bunch of money there. NOT ANYMORE!!! I will drive across town to Walmart where you can return ANYTHING, they are decent to you, and I can save some $$, because they are less expensive.
Ja

Comments

Su
  31st of Aug, 2009
no sympathy-- you should have kept the receipt for something that expensive. You have no idea how many different kinds of scammers people face in customer service all the time. Without a receipt they have no idea if you paid full price or the sale price, so they could not give you store credit for the full price anyway! Unfortunately, salespeople don't work at the customer service desk and have no clue- he should have had to go up and apologize for sending you to the customer service clerk in the first place. He wasn't "helpful" at all. And I doubt the customer service clerk was as "rude" as you claim- she just told you something you did not want to hear.
Le
  22nd of Oct, 2009
SHUT UP. The person you talked to on the floor was probably seasonal help and didn't know anything about the return policy. You should've talked to customer service first. Also, the return policy is in place to-GUESS WHAT?- SAVE YOU MONEY. People out there scam all the time. No reciept, no return. END OF STORY. It's common sense to always, ALWAYS keep your receipt, especially if you're purchasing electronics stuff. You and Wal-Mart deserve each other. Go shop there like the trash you are.
Ge