Target / wedding registry!

CA, United States Review updated:
Be careful if you create a registry with Target. We received gifts from Target.com that did not come with receipts or even a packing slip for 2 of the gifts. It was such a hassle, but luckily the Target employees in Palmdale CA were so hopeful. They had to call 800 numbers and wait for at least 20 minutes multiple times, and they had a hard time getting anyone at Target.com to help with the returns.

I tried to return a gift the turned out to be broken after we had thrown everything away-including the gift receipt (I did not think I needed it). I was not allowed to exchange the item because it was over $20.00 and I did not have a receipt, even though you could see it was purchased from my registry. I understand that Target gets taken advantage from with returns, but when something is purchased off a registry that should not be a problem.
Sh

Comments

Je
  29th of Nov, 2007
YES BRIDES AND PARENTS TO BE BEWARE OF TARGET GIFT REGISTRY. NOTHING BUT A SCAM AND THEY STEAL MONEY FROM YOUR RELATIVES AND FAMILY.

WE REGISTERED FOR OUR WEDDING 5 YEARS AGO WITH NO PROBLEMS. WHEN WE RETURNED ITEMS THEY SIMPLY LOOKED AT OUR PURCHASE LOG.

NOW THAT WE ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD WE REGISTERED THERE AGAIN WITH NOTHING BUT NIGHTMARES. SOME DUPLICATES WERE PURCHASED ON OUR REGISTRY AND A COUPLE OF THINGS WE DECIDED WE DIDN'T NEED. WHEN WE WENT TO EXCHANGE THE ITEMS FOR SOMETHING ELSE THAT WASN'T PURCHASED OFF OUR REGISTRY THEY TREATED US LIKE CRIMINALS BECAUSE THE GIFTS WERE GIVEN WITH OUT GIFT RECEIPTS. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HAVE GIFT REGISTRIES. SO THE STORE CAN TRACK THE PURCHASE AND YOU CAN EXCHANGE THINGS.
TARGET IS RUNNING A FRAUD ON THEIR REGISTRIES BEWARE.

NOW I HAVE OVER 500$ OF MERCHANDISE I WILL NOT USE. I WAS TOLD TO TRY A COUPLE OF OTHER RETAILERS WHO HAVE LESS RESTRICTIVE RETURN POLICIES BUT THE SAME MERCHANDISE.

THIS IS FRAUD TO TAKE SOMETHING BACK TO A STORE WHERE IT WASN'T PURCHASED. I ASKED WHEN WE REGISTERED WHAT THE RETURN POLICY WAS AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS NO PROBLEM TO RETURN ITEMS PURCHASED ON THE REGISTRY WITH OUT A RECEIPT.
Ja
  17th of Jun, 2008
People who type in all caps sure do seem less intelligent and commit a type crime. Sorry you had a bad experience with Target…ours has been great.
Ju
  6th of Jul, 2010
I purchased a Nintendo Wii ($200) on the Target Wedding Registry. The couple was sent a toddler's toy barn (valued at about $15-$20) instead of the Wii, but the invoice still said Nintendo Wii and I had paid for the Nintendo Wii. The bride & groom did not open their wedding gifts until the night of the wedding and so they were unaware that Target sent the wrong item until then. Target refuses to take back the item and provide the correct item because it was paid for over 90 days ago, even though it was still in the box and still with the Nintendo Wii receipt. I just paid $200 for this little kids toy. This is a case of fraud. I since have spoken with several other people and have found out that this wedding registry scam by Target has happened to several people.

Target Brands Logo Target Brands