Target / unacceptable return policy

My wife and received a Boppy seat from our baby gift registry. We assembled the product and found it was defective and then tried to exchange the seat. When we presented the seat to the employee and explained we had no receipt, we were told they would NOT exchange the seat, for the EXACT SAME product, without a receipt because the product was valued at over $20.00. The TARGET product was defective, a gift from a registry, and we wanted to exchange for the same thing. Too bad, so sad, it's a Target product but with no receipt they wouldn't exchange it, even when it's broken. Target's return policy is pathetic and is a real deterrent to customers.

Va

Comments

• Ml
      24th of Apr, 2009

Get this...I received multiple duplicate items from my friends and family because Target's registry was not working properly and was not taking items off the list. And yes, my friends and family did present the registry to the cashier the way they should have. Anyways, it turns out that I have extra gifts to give away at baby showers for the next few years because Target wouldn't take back any of the duplicates without a receipt. I actually stopped shopping often at Target because of this and switched to Walmart (even though I can't stand how disorganized they are). But hey, I can't shop comfortably somewhere where I might need to return an item and can't because I lost the receipt.