Target / refused return from baby registry without receipt!
I registered at Target for my baby shower, I received several items from friends and family out of town. They sent the items with a packing label that itemizes things and even includes a note from the sender, but no gift receipt. Since I had received several duplicates, I tried to return, but they would not accept the packing label as a receipt and said that my only option was to call the sender and ask them to go to the store and get a receipt and send it to me.
This is totally unacceptable!! why should I register with Target if this is how they treat me, I can prove the item was purchased there, but still I can not exchange it, I'm not even asking for cash. In addition to this totally ridiculous situation, of the items they did return because I printed out my list of purchased items, they gave me a return for $24 on an item that states the purchaser paid $79. I had to complain and go up through management before they would credit me back the right amount.
I regularly shop at target, but plan to find someplace new to spend my hard earned money. I will suggest to every new mother not to register there as well.
If they will not return on-line orders that were sent by there company without a gift receipt, then gift receipts should go out automatically!!! They are penalizing us poor mothers whose friends are only trying to help.
Shame on Target.
More Target Complaints & Reviews
- Target Corporation - debit card scam 
- Target Corporation - lack of human resources training 
- Target - employee treatment 
- Target - employee abuse 
- Target / Intex Pool - poor after sales service! 
- Target Brands - promotional gift cards
- Target Brands - ordering online
- Target Brands - woodlands store invaded my privacy and cursed at me 
- Target Brands - chandelier I ordered (i’d give you the number but I think it was wrong on my slip and it’s discontinued so not online)
- Target Brands - up & up deep cleaning pore strips