T-Mobile / easy pay

1 FL, United States Review updated:

When I signed up with T-Mobile, I signed up for their Flex pay program and opted to have my account automatically debited every month via Easy Pay. My billing statement states that my bill is due on the 14th of each month, but Easy Pay deducted my payment on the 12th. At no time was I alerted that my payment would be due 2 to 3 days (per the T-Mobile rep I spoke with) before my actual due date. I never signed any contract stating that it was okay for Easy Pay to deduct a payment prior to my due date. I had just put money in my account yesterday to pay for my bill due today only to find out it had already been deducted on the 12th. I did not have sufficient funds on the 12th (hence the deposit to my bank account on the 13th) so I was slammed with a $35.00 overdraft fee. Now this may not seem like a lot of money, but I am the only one working in my household at this time and I am living on a tight weekly paycheck to paycheck budget. So $35.00 means that I either have to pay another bill late and incur rediculous late charges or not put gas in my car and use my few vacation days left to call off of work (which with how poorly business is going is really not an option at all because I fear losing my job at any moment). I spoke for over 2 hours to a combination of two T-Mobile customer service reps and a supervisor. The supervisor told me that that was how Easy pay worked and that it was not a T-Mobile error so they would not debit me. After endless arguing with no end in sight I said I was going to cancel my account and never have anything to do with them again. The supervisor said "That would be fine, but you would be charged an early cancellation fee of $200.00 anyway". Goes to show how much they care about their customers. I wouldn't recommend T-Mobile to my worst enemy

Comments

• Al
      26th of Mar, 2010

Does anyone remember the old "Andy Griffith" show? How such a bucolic atmosphere. Aunt Bee would make pies; Opie would come home from 'a fishin'. And Sheriff Taylor would say something that would make the world right.
    Then there was Otis.
    Likeable guy when he wasn't in his cups. But then he would get drunk and come to the jailhouse. Lock himself in. And all was right with the world.
    Kind'a like this feller.He goes along, month after month, knowin' when his money is gonna' come out of his account. But one month, when he's a kinda short, he get's a mad cause them old feller's took his money out too soon.
    Makes ya feel kinda' sad.
    Then ya' realize, he is a douchebag. He knows when the money is a bout to be sprung and realize what an ### this guy really is! So you sick Otis, in the throes of DT's, no him. Yep, he's done.
    Way to go, ###, for killing Otis. Get another ###ing job, doucheberry.