T Mobile / poor customer care/ misleading advertising

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 770-885-3542

Yesterday, I heard that T-mobile had launched a customer loyalty program in which an exsisting client who has been a T-mobile customer for over 22 months would be rewarded with an incredible $49.00 monthly rate of for unlimited local and long distance calling $79.00 for two lines. Since I have been a dedicated client and fan of t-mobile for over 26 months now, I wanted to take advantage of the new rate.

Today to my dismay, I was told by CUSTOMER NO SERVICE that I was ineligible for the new promotion because I had switched my plan from a personal account to a business account 18 months ago and therefore, they were unable or should I say UNWILLING to accomodate my request.

Since becoming a T-mobile customer, I have spent well over $7, 000 in the last 2 years in phone and data plans for 3 lines. I have purchased 4 phones in that time frame and until recently, have been an extemely satisfied client. I guess that was not enough.

With all the new all you can eat rate plans from companies like Metro PCS, T-mobile must be loosing clients. With that said, and following the old business adage that it is cheaper to maintain a client that acquire a new one, t-mobile has decided to be more competitive in their rates.

But after the service that I received today, I suppose that their most lucrative clients are not worth retaining and therefore I will start my search for another carrier who can meet my needs.

So long T-mobile!

Sk

Comments

• Ac
      24th of Apr, 2009

T-Mobile customer "service" has become abusive. I had massive incoming international calls from numbers that are untraceable appear on my bill and T-Mobile insists that the charges are "indisputable" because their records show my serial number, and I have to pay them without explanation. It's Kafka-esque.

I have used them for a long time but I would NOT recommend anyone looking for a carrier to go with T-Mobile at this point.

• Ar
      4th of Sep, 2009

Yep, I like how they lie about prepaid rates right to your face. I cut and pasted this from my customer service chat online. Basically I was told it was going to be billed at .09 cents per minute NO MATTER HOW MANY MINUTES I BOUGHT. When I actually paid, I was charged at .15 per minute, and they refused to just cancel the transaction and give me back my money, equaling FRAUD!!! [censored] YOU TMOBILE, I can do without a cell phone if you can't offer reasonable rates.

~Carol M: Hi Wes, welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m ~Carol and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    Wes Swafford: Thanks
    ~Carol M: Hello Wes, For your reference, my rep ID is 1320843. I understand you want to know if you added 20 dollars to your account will you get 200 minutes?
    Wes Swafford: That's right :)
    ~Carol M: I will definitely find out for you. I will just need a few minutes to gather that information.
    ~Carol M: Thanks Wes, I do you your current decrement rate is 9 cents a minute, so right now, 20 dollars would get you 222 minutes.
    ~Carol M: I do *see your current rate is 9 cents.
    Wes Swafford: That's great, thank you for your help Carol :D
    ~Carol M: You're welcome.
    ~Carol M: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
    Wes Swafford: No, thanks

• Gm
      2nd of Sep, 2011

Hey, after visiting a T-Mobile Store my phone was cloned and international calls were made. Maybe someone in the store is involved in the scam. T-Mobile refused to investigate and, since, has charged me for everything but the kitchen sink. Don't use T-Mobile and if they merge with AT&T, don't use AT&T.