Synapse / unauthorized charges

My checking statement showed a $39 ACH Withdrawal made by Synapse on Nov 3. I called them and they informed me it was for magazines I had ordered and that I signed for 'automatic renewal.' I never gave authorization for them to go into my checking account and help themselves to the money. They returned part of the money saying they were billing me for magazines I had received. I have notified my local bank and with some insistence they agreed to turn it over to their fraud department. I will also notify the police if necessary. I would recommend anyone who is ripped off by this firm insist their financial institution place a fraud investigation on them and do something to protect accounts in the future. Also...I will contact the Better Business Bureau.

A  28th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been charged $22.00 by them and can not seem to reach them by phone. This upsets me very much because the charge was not authorized (I did not ask for auto renew nor was I notified). As well the only magazine they are "renewing" for me is a $12.00 subscription.
N  28th of Mar, 2015 by
Kept billing my credit card, cap one for unwanted and unrequesTed sbscrit ions many other complaints like this one and many different addresses and phone numbers

Synapse Group / Magazine Customer Service Logo Synapse Group / Magazine Customer Service
225 High Ridge Rd