Synapse / unauthorized charges

My checking statement showed a $39 ACH Withdrawal made by Synapse on Nov 3. I called them and they informed me it was for magazines I had ordered and that I signed for 'automatic renewal.' I never gave authorization for them to go into my checking account and help themselves to the money. They returned part of the money saying they were billing me for magazines I had received. I have notified my local bank and with some insistence they agreed to turn it over to their fraud department. I will also notify the police if necessary. I would recommend anyone who is ripped off by this firm insist their financial institution place a fraud investigation on them and do something to protect accounts in the future. Also...I will contact the Better Business Bureau.

Ci

Comments

Cr
  28th of Dec, 2009

I have been charged $22.00 by them and can not seem to reach them by phone. This upsets me very much because the charge was not authorized (I did not ask for auto renew nor was I notified). As well the only magazine they are "renewing" for me is a $12.00 subscription.

Su
  28th of Mar, 2015

Kept billing my credit card, cap one for unwanted and unrequesTed sbscrit ions many other complaints like this one and many different addresses and phone numbers