Synapse / unauthorized charges

My checking statement showed a $39 ACH Withdrawal made by Synapse on Nov 3. I called them and they informed me it was for magazines I had ordered and that I signed for 'automatic renewal.' I never gave authorization for them to go into my checking account and help themselves to the money. They returned part of the money saying they were billing me for magazines I had received. I have notified my local bank and with some insistence they agreed to turn it over to their fraud department. I will also notify the police if necessary. I would recommend anyone who is ripped off by this firm insist their financial institution place a fraud investigation on them and do something to protect accounts in the future. Also...I will contact the Better Business Bureau.

Ci

Comments

• Cr
      28th of Dec, 2009

I have been charged $22.00 by them and can not seem to reach them by phone. This upsets me very much because the charge was not authorized (I did not ask for auto renew nor was I notified). As well the only magazine they are "renewing" for me is a $12.00 subscription.

• Su
      28th of Mar, 2015

Kept billing my credit card, cap one for unwanted and unrequesTed sbscrit ions many other complaints like this one and many different addresses and phone numbers

14th of Aug, 2018
    Synapse Group / Magazine Customer Service - Trouble canceling!!
    LAS VEGAS
    Nevada

I have tried canceling by phone and their recording is terrible. I don't what any of their magazines I don't have time to read any of them. Their saying they will continue to send till I stop the subscription and I've tried to.

• Sh
      14th of Oct, 2018
    Synapse Group / Magazine Customer Service - Rude employees
    Twinsburg
    Ohio

So I bought a hotdog from up at the speedway in twinsburg 7996 it was very disgusting no fresh food very dirty inside very disappointing no fresh coffee never cups or lids I come in on my break all the time never nothing fresh in the morning or at night nasty nasty nadty

• Ti
      27th of Oct, 2018
    Synapse Group / Magazine Customer Service - I never signed up for these!!!!
    synapsegroupinc.com

I cannot believe you billed me a total of $266 ($103, $63, $64, and $36)?!!! I never signed up for any of the four magazines you billed me four. This is fraud.

• Di
      13th of Nov, 2018
    Synapse Group - Cancel magazine subscriptions
    Springfield
    Massachusetts

I am trying to cancel subscriptions and I don't have a telephone number. The number I tried only gets me to an employee or an extension and I have neither. I no longer want these subscriptions, the rate has increased and I want them stopped now so I won't be charged. What can I do?