Having problems with Buckmasters?

1800 240 3337 (Head Office)
1800 250 2825 (Member Services)
+1 334 215 3337 (Head Office)
10350 Highway 80 East
SunClosed
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 244022, Montgomery, AL 36124-4022

Complaints & Reviews

5 year subscription, plus numerous products to go along with this magazine.

Sent payment in full $136.90 by check to Buckmasters 11/21/2018. Was to receive a 5 year magazine subscription and a new Buckmasters DVD, embroidered cap, a Bear & Sons Cutlery Knife, window decal, Tinks #69 Doe-in-Rut Buck Lure, and so called other subcription benefits. Got a mag from Nov 2018 and Dec. 2018 only and nothing else. All these things were to come when subscription was totally paid off, which I did. Called numerous times they said 3 times it's in the mail since last year. I want a full refund of $136.90. After investigating this company seen there are thousands of people Buckmasters have RIPPED OFF. Account number #[protected], invoice number #[protected], bill date 11/2/2018.

fraudulent charge

Daughter entered online sweepstakes for a free hunting trip. Started receiving calls to join. We refused and received repeated calls. We asked them not to call and to remove us from the sweepstakes. They sent us a invoice for $136. Never asked to join.

buckmaster membership scam

I called and was asked to have my name put in for free hunting trip. No credit card numbers where exchanged...

con

Buckmasters called me multiple times trying to get me to subscribe. Finally they forced me into a membership I did not want or ask for. After finally getting rid of the membership, they continue to call. I have asked multiple times for them to remove me from their call list and never call again. Still receive calls monthly from them. Every customer service rep I have spoken to is very rude and or will hang up afterwards.

trying to force a 5 year membership on me. I did not order and I will never order

A few weeks ago I received a phone call from a young lady who attempted to sell me a 5 year membership. She...

bad service

Looked at their website and left my phone number, they called and wanted 130.00 dollars which I said send me the paperwork to look over as I'm not giving my card # over the phone.
Next thing I recieve is a bill for 130.00, after four calls they are stating I asked to be billed.
Sorry Compny.
I will take a hit on my credit score before they recieve any money from me!

• Ke
    Kelvin Hoffman Sep 24, 2013

i joined buckmasters and paid for a lifetime membership. they are claiming i only paid for a 5 yr membership. they are a scamming outfit. they need to be brought up on charges of fraud... I PAID FOR THE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP AND AM NOT GETTING WHAT I PAID FOR...

pressure call

Buckmasters had done nothing but pressure call me for some time. I do not know how they managed to get my phone number anyways. They proceeded to call me 4 times a day even when I said I was not interested.

Finally I threatened that if they called me again that I would contact my attorney because they kept calling over and over and over again. Now here it is 5 months later and they are calling again.

To top it all off, I check the mail today and find a delinquincy notice that my buckmasters debt is $130. I never agreed to anything, nor was ever interested in anything.

madisonmom08 Jun 11, 2010

Ignore the "collection" notice. It's all a part of their scam. You don't owe them anything.

To get the calling stopped is another story (as evidenced by the stories told here).

Their tactic is to intimidate you enough until you give in. Extoration may not be too light of a term for what they do.

If I could become a part of an organized movement to stop them, I would. They really ticked me off... and I don't get ticked off very easily.

Google the name: "Lewis Figh" - president of Buckmasters.

LEWIS H FIGH, III
    7201 TIMBER MILL DR, MONTGOMERY, AL 36117

calling me

ok buckmasters has been callin me for a long time to buy magazines from them. I never answer but latly ive been hangin up and they will call back immediatly with a cell phone number which is [protected]. Well I finally answered and told them to take me off the call list and the guy was being rude about it. Then sunday march 14th at 10:09 pm I got a call from that cell phone and a girl and this guy who sounded like the guy who I told to take me off the call list, told me that they wanted to tell my wife that I got herpies and aids. the girl said I used her one night and on and on about that stuff. when I asked about them workin for buckmasters they hung up. I want this to stop NOW!!!

madisonmom08 Jun 11, 2010

When I searched the internet for the contact info for the President of Buckmasters, I came up with:

LEWIS H FIGH,
    7201 TIMBER MILL DR,
    MONTGOMERY, AL 36117

334-279-6849

This company is horrible. Complete scam.

scam - they renewed me years later

I had a buckmasters subscription years ago. Last year they renewed my membership on my Credit Card. My subscription had ended many months earlier. When they called they said it was a computer error and offered me some junk. Has this happened to anyone else.

• Kc
    KC223 Mar 15, 2010

My experience with Buckmasters is similar. I agreed to a five-year membership. And for two years, I even subscribed to Rack and GunHunter magazines. They called to see if I wanted to renew my subscription in Aug. 2009. I told them I did not want to renew. I began receiving invoices for a balance due for the magazines that I had clearly stated I did not want to receive. I called and tried to resolve this with a rude employee in their member services area. It still wasn't resolved.

Today, I finally spoke with a manager in member services. (This was after numerous calls to Buckmasters trying to find the right person.) He apologized and said the invoicing was likely an error and he would take care of it. (It's the same response others have received.) I canceled my membership and asked for confirmation in writing. Also, I called their customer service department and had my phone number added to their do-not-call list. Hopefully, that will eliminate future "mistakes" involving Buckmasters.

madisonmom08 Jun 11, 2010

You don't even have to have had a previous membership for their tactics.

I thought I was doing my husband a favor by getting him a ONE YEAR subscription to a hunting magazine. It resulted in multiple-per-day phone calls claiming we owed $130 for a membership. No amount of rebuttal to them would work, only made them more vicious and ugly.

They sent threatening "collections" letters, phone calls claiming they were sending us to "collections".

Horrible, horrible, horrible organization. If they ever show up in my area, I will be there with a big huge sign warning people not to enter any "contest" or agree to any type of transaction with this scam.

mamahanson Jan 05, 2012

They unlawfully took $109.00 out of our checking account. I had my bank review the charge and they investigated and determined it was fraudulant. Visa agreed that Buckmasters was NOT entitled to any money. They still send threatening letters.

harrasing phone calls

About 2 years ago I entered a Buckmasters Contest and ever since they keep calling me despite my asking them to take my number off their list. They have called at least 12 times in the past 3 days and I am sick of it. Never Do Business of anykind with these people. The number they call from is [protected] which has hundreds of complaints filed against it. Again - Never Do Business With This Company!

subscibtion complaint

About 6 or 7 months ago I filled out a sweepstakes hunting trip on the buckmasters website just to try my luck. Then give or take 3 weeks later I start recieving phone calls about a monthly subscription to their magazine in which the wanted my credit card number. I told the guy I didnt want it but he said he would send me some info about the magazine and the amounts and options and I could decide if I wanted it. Then yesterday I recieve 2 bills one for 102 dollars for a 2 year sub. and the other for a 5 year subscribtion for 130 dollars from credit masters which I new nothing about. This is redicolous that I work my tail off to astablish my credit working 2 jobs and going to school at the same time trying to get married and build my house and they have people messing up honest inocent peoples credit.

• Li
    liberty1776 Sep 26, 2013

Their membership program totally sucks as do the magazines. They charged me $50 for a gift card, but the card was never loaded with my funds.

membership

Do not sign up for buckmaster magazines. They said the only way I can cancel if I pay 102.00 for 3 year membership then it would cancel You talk about BS THey have sent me 2 magazines and want me to pay 102.00 what a rip off. I told them for the 2 magazines can I just pay for them, No sir you have to pay for the full 3 years. They scam you and take your money and if you dont pay they will turn you into colection

• Mi
    Mike Armentrout Feb 21, 2010

yeah they are nothing but a scam! i have a 1 year membership and i only got one magazine! they call all the time trying to get me to buy more stuff so i ask about the rest of my magazines and they dont know anything about it.

phone calls

I keep getting calls from [protected] and no one answers or leaves a message. I am on the DO NOT CALL registry and I want these calls to stop now!!!

• Mi
    mikedove Dec 11, 2009

I received about 15 phone calls from buck masters 1 800 number over a couple months, so I answered one evening. The sales rep did his spill & I told the rep I was in woods and to send me some info in writing and I'd see. They sent me a bill for $130, then I received the first magazine. I called the 800 number and told them I had not subscribed & they said there was nothing I could do the bill was now due. They argued I had subscribed to the 5 yr plan and if I didn’t pay the $130 it would be sent to collections. I received another bill this week & again called back. I spoke with another rep who had a terrible attitude and again said there was nothing I could do. I asked again to speak with a manager and my request was refused as I had spoken with a manager before. I have been called and harassed by Buck Masters at least twice a day sometimes more. I was even called by a different department within Buck Masters trying to sell me some other product and I didn't give this rep an opportunity to give a sales speech and explained the situation that I am currently in with this company already. I am very upset and disgusted with Buck Masters and they give the entire hunting industry a bad reputation. My wife and I have ordered numerous magazines and have never had such a situation to arise. I will be speaking with my Georgia state representative, senator and potentially posting a you tube video concerning this situation. I feel that I have been wronged and have no recourse. I researched the internet and have discovered that I am not the only person to have been scammed by the Buck Master Co. on the exact same 5 year plan membership. As I read other blogs I have the same complaints they are going through what I am going through. I feel that I was wronged by this company, I was in the woods and was unable to sit and actually concentrate on what this rep was discussing and actually had interest and requested more info and instead I got a $130 bill and a whole lot of headache and harassment.

madisonmom08 Jan 26, 2010

Exactly my experience too, except we're in Alabama and they were calling our home phone.

I *think* I resolved it today by emailing all of their advertising executives, customer serive and CC:ing Lewis H. Figh III, the president of the company.

I receieved an immediate response and apology.

Still hate to think they are doing this to countless others.

false billing charges

After entering a buckmasters sweepstakes I received phone calls tring to get me to buy a hunting vacation package. I repeatedly told them I was not interested and to remove me from there list. then I started to receive calls stating that I had purchased a five year subscription to buckmasters magazine and they wanted there payment even though they said the order was placed from my home one week ago. I contacted my local police and will contact my attorney general tommorow.

madisonmom08 Jan 28, 2010

The only way to get it to stop AND to make them re-think their strong-arm sales tactics is to hit them where it hurt$.

This means getting their corporate sponsors and advertisers in the loop. Let the GunHunter magazine sales account executives know of the situation. **** Don't leave off the president of Buckmasters (Lewis Hale Figh, III, of Montgomery, AL) in your correspondence either. ****

I got it stopped within 2 minutes of my email to all of the above voicing, politely, my concern about the harrassment.

I even recieved an apology.

But I am still upset at the number of stories just like mine that are out there. The go back for YEARS of the same tactics.

To: "Jan Tullis" <[email protected]>
    Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

madisonmom08 Jun 11, 2010

Followup - phone rang last week. Guess who????

Buckmasters! Must be re-cycling through former pi$$ed off victim's phone numbers.

So much for taking me off their list, huh?

LEWIS H FIGH,
    7201 TIMBER MILL DR, MONTGOMERY, AL 36117

• Bo
    Bobxx!!!b bbg May 07, 2013

Just went to web site and bang i get a bill Jackie Bushman is a DISGRACE to the american hunter.

buckmasters scam

Got a phone call one day from one of their sales reps and did not know exactly what they were talking about...

credit threats

I have been wrongfully accused of subscribing to buckmasters magizine over a year ago, and after trying on...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices