[Resolved] Symantec "Norton"virus

I tried to down load norton, security deluxe. 5 device version.
Shortly after starting it i was flagged with an issue.
A screen came up with phone numbers prompting me to call norton tech support.After tech support had control of my computer for an hour i was passed off to another tech.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Delafield, WIAfter some time the tech came back and said i had a virus.
Then i was passed off to vsupport to have it removed.
For the fine price of $$$. I have always had norton on my computer.This got by it. I was simply trying to renew my subscription. I would like to be reimberst for this.
Norton failed.Notinced nothing before i was told i had it
nor ant differance since it was removed.

• Resolution Statement

• Norton Customer Care's Response · Mar 30, 2017

Sorry for the trouble. It seems like you have contacted a third party support. We never charge our customers for technical support. We never post our phone number on a pop up message. You can find our right contact information here: www.norton.com/cs
    If you need any further help, let me know.

• Norton Customer Care's Response · May 03, 2017

Sorry, if the computer is already infected, installing any security software without removing the infection will make no difference.

• Norton Customer Care's Response · May 17, 2017

Sorry about this. Like I mentioned, if you need to contact our support, use this link: www.norton.com/cs There are many third party companies pretend to be us and they charge for support. Do let me know if you need any help with your Norton.

Sh
Mar 28, 2017

Comments

• Su
      Apr 29, 2017

Why doesn't Norton catch the phishing popup explained above?

• Mo
      May 15, 2017

Both me and hubby got that message to call a number when trying to download the Norton security. We was told we both had a bug and they would fix it for £90 ??
    This was a scam . They even had control of my PC . When we would not pay they put down the phone and left us to deal with it. I proceeded to download both our PC's with no trouble at all. It was clear someone was out to make money and there was no such bug on either computer. I won't be using norton next time it needs re newing.