Symantec / Norton Antivirus / automatic renewal

CA, United States Review updated:
automatic renewal and charging my credit card without my approval on November 25, 2008. I sent a message asking for reimbursment ; no answer.

Comments

Je
  2nd of Oct, 2008
They are doing automatic renewals on credit cards without letting people know. The only reason I found out, I'm pretty sure, is that my credit card had expired. So, they sent me an email to try to prod me into renewing it. I uninstalled their junk 6 months ago. And, I never signed up for this. I would never sign up for something like that. They probably hid this as some "option" in an obscure place in the ordering process when I first bought the stuff. I wonder how many millions of dollars they've stolen from people by doing this.
Me
  8th of Dec, 2008
Same Identical thing happened to me!! SAME!! I did call credit card company today, they resolved it immediately..but prior calls to Symantec to no AVAIL!! I am as well ALERTED and concerned! THIS IS CONSIDERED CREDIT CARD FRAUD!! I am calling my attorney and the FBI! I would love to see a mass public consumer suit over this, whatever that term is! I was advised not to call corporate HDQRTS at this point in time..don't want them to be alerted until pursued thru legal system!!

Feel free to respond!
Thanks,
Mel
Me
  8th of Dec, 2008
SAME HAPPENED TO ME TODAY!! Called Symantec..to no avail! Called credit card company and talked with dispute person, with whom resolved it immediately! This is considered credit card FRAUD! I am contacting my attorney and FBI! I have been advised not to contact Symantec Hdqrtrs at this point in time..until persued thru legal system.

Feel free to reply!
Mel
To
  20th of Oct, 2009
There is a class action lawsuit against Symantec for these practices. The lead attorney for the class is Thomas M. Mullaney (tmm@mullaw.org) if you wish to discuss your complaint

Norton Logo Norton