Supercuts / worst haircut ever

San Ramon
My hairdresser recently decided that she wanted to leave her salon and instead offer very expensive in-home styling, so I was left to my own resources to find someone to trim my hair. My style is very simple, shoulder-length with long layers around the face. I couldn't imagine even a first time hairdresser messing up something this easy. So, I went to Supercuts to try to save some money.

When I went in, I explained to the stylist that i just want a light trim, to get rid of the damaged ends. I am growing out my hair and do not want to lose the length. She assured me that they are trained on all styles and this would be no problem. Then, she started cutting.

They aren't layers, they are chunks. She pulled my hair up over my head and cut the hair straight across, letting them fall in steps to my neck. And it kept getting shorter. I started seeing three inch pieces falling on my lap. "It's too short!" I said, but she argued that it was just the layering. I lost most of the hair around my round face it was inches above my shoulders in the front, just touching my back in the back. I wanted to cry but was more motivated to leave.

When I got home, I was so upset. My husband didn't really see the problem. "You look like a normal mom, " he said. My 16 year old daughter, however, came in and immediately said, "Mom, you have a mullet!" Great.

My hair is my major pride. I work as a gothic and industrial music critic and I've had a dozen styles and colors, from very short to very long, black, white, blue, red, and purple. If I look like a "normal mom, " they won't even let me through the door. Now, more than a month later, all I can do is wear it in a ponytail and wait for it to grow back. I will never go back to Supercuts. The next time I want a cheap haircut, I'm going to give scissors to my 3 year old nephew.

Supercuts Logo Supercuts