Having problems with Supercuts?

Supercuts reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 26, 2006. The latest review process of obtaining a appointement was posted on May 13, 2021. The latest complaint Salon manager was resolved on Aug 03, 2018. Supercuts has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 179 reviews. Supercuts has resolved 30 complaints.

Supercuts Customer Service Contacts

7201 Metro Boulevard
Minneapolis, Minnesota

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Supercuts Customer Service. Initial Supercuts complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Supercuts above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Supercuts. Discuss the issues you have had with Supercuts and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Supercuts Complaints & Reviews

Supercutsworst haircut ever

My hairdresser recently decided that she wanted to leave her salon and instead offer very expensive in-home styling, so I was left to my own resources to find someone to trim my hair. My style is very simple, shoulder-length with long layers around the face. I couldn't imagine even a first time hairdresser messing up something this easy. So, I went to Supercuts to try to save some money.

When I went in, I explained to the stylist that i just want a light trim, to get rid of the damaged ends. I am growing out my hair and do not want to lose the length. She assured me that they are trained on all styles and this would be no problem. Then, she started cutting.

They aren't layers, they are chunks. She pulled my hair up over my head and cut the hair straight across, letting them fall in steps to my neck. And it kept getting shorter. I started seeing three inch pieces falling on my lap. "It's too short!" I said, but she argued that it was just the layering. I lost most of the hair around my round face it was inches above my shoulders in the front, just touching my back in the back. I wanted to cry but was more motivated to leave.

When I got home, I was so upset. My husband didn't really see the problem. "You look like a normal mom, " he said. My 16 year old daughter, however, came in and immediately said, "Mom, you have a mullet!" Great.

My hair is my major pride. I work as a gothic and industrial music critic and I've had a dozen styles and colors, from very short to very long, black, white, blue, red, and purple. If I look like a "normal mom, " they won't even let me through the door. Now, more than a month later, all I can do is wear it in a ponytail and wait for it to grow back. I will never go back to Supercuts. The next time I want a cheap haircut, I'm going to give scissors to my 3 year old nephew.

Supercuts — horrible experience

Unsatisfactory and unprofessional customer service. Horrible expierence with stylist regarding the haircut I...

Supercutsmanagerial problem

The manager at the Battleground Wa supercuts is a bully. She walks around like everyone is in her way and we have made everyday a bad day for her. I have a big problem with the way this business is being run from one of the stylists point of veiw. We are overworked and are being told to do better." Meet more goals! It will be better for your paycheck if you just work a little harder." Daily speech around there. No warmness. Like she expects an assembly line. The floors are concrete with no cushions. It is hard to work with foot and back or knee problems from the required uniform shoes and inadequate flooring. So what can be done about this? Will I ever hear back from anyone over this? I hope so. A person who treats people like this does not need to be in charge.

• Mo
        monique5 Mar 15, 2011

i totally agree i have been a hairdresser for many years and i see supercuts only hires girls on their looks it seems . if the manager is that bossy or mean it shoudl be reported to headquarters or the better bureau industry i am against the way they treat us stylists in these chain stores. We are expected to be perfect be on time cut quickly accurately and work very hard etc etc and in turn we are treated rude time and time again by these franchises . I say something should be done in the industry and things shoudl change and more people like you should complain til your voice is heard

concerned for all hair stylists
        monique

Supercuts — services

I called this store at 4:00pm today, and made appointment at 5:30pm for my son. I arrived the store at...

Supercuts — scams and fraudulent job offers

I went into the Supercuts Arvada store on December 1 2008 to apply for a job. After filling out an...

Supercuts — superbutcher cut

On December 2, 2008, a "stylist" (MAVASH) butchered my hair. Listening to what the customer wants i...

Supercuts — horrible hair cut

I am new in the area, although I have been in the States for over 20 years now. I went to have my hair cut on...

Supercutsyou all think your so great

I work at supercuts and I am a great hairdresser as well as my coworkers so all you can kiss my *ss~!!!

ANONYMOUS1974 Sep 02, 2014

WOW...WHAT KIND OF COMMENT WAS THAT???? ACTUALLY IT DOESNT SURPRISE ME THAT A SUPERCUTS EMPLOYEE WOULD SAY SOME ### LIKE THAT!!! SUPERCUTS SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF THEIR MISERY...CLOSE THAT ### DOWN!!!

• Ho
          hopeful manager May 12, 2009

On behalf of supercuts, I wish there was something I could do for everyone who is uphappy with the service they received, or did not receive. Not EVERYONE is like that, and unfortuantly we all have bad experiences and those are what sticks in our minds. I think that my staff is awesome, and I do not stand for rude stylists, and try very hard to give the right and sometimes extra training to have the whole staff be able to give an exceptional haircut. I believe that this is the tools needed to make the salon a fun place for both the customer and the stylist. I hope the some of you will give the supercuts another chance, in the hopes that you will have the right person cutting your hair or servicing you. If you are an employee of supercuts and reading this, this is where are mistakes lye! Are you going to be the person that fixes them and is the exception to these complaints? or are you going to be the next story on here? Theses people were your bread and butter. You can't afford for this to keep happening! Choose to be the person who goes above and beyond!

• Do
          Donny Nov 02, 2008

###ing ###, "I'm a great hairdresser" hahaha. That's the most fake comment I have ever heard. Though there are some kinder employees in supercuts, the majority of them have the worst attitude and service I've ever seen at any store.
          For example, two days ago, I went to try supercuts with my brother. When his server was done cutting his hair, he said he wanted to back a little thinner. She didn't even touch the back and cut the front of his hair and said, "alright, done, " without showing him the mirror. I was supposed to be next for my hair cut but the employees skipped me on purpose saying, "I don't want to cut his hair, " out loud in front of me. They skipped my turn and went off cutting other customer's hair.
          After fifteen minutes after when it was supposed to be my turn, most of the customers were gone, and some old hag looked at me with an ugly facial expression of disgust. She sits me down and says, "Don't make me waste my damn time fixing your hair like your brother after I'm done."
          Supercuts rating 0/10. ### that place.

Supercutsinexperienced hairdressers

i have my hair cut once a month and i dont have any thing different any of them months.

its a simple cut and i have been going there now for over a year. within that time i have seen hairdressers come and go at least 8-10 people have come and gone.

i went in last month for my usual to find 3 new staff in there, none of them was cutting hair, and i still had to wait 10 minutes. when i did get in the chair and was happy to pay £16.50 for a wash and cut, i was then told i couldn't have my usual grade one on the sides as none of them could do this!!

i then settled for a grade 2 at the price of £11.50 as they couldn't do this grade 1 still thinking i was going to get my hair washed too, oh no i paid for a hair cut that would of cost £11.50 without a wash and still didnt get what i wanted anyway.

how can they get away this rubbish service and still charge the prices that they are.

Charion_star Sep 08, 2009

I am a stylist at Supercuts in the Buffalo area and have experienced the same treatment at the hands of a manager. I and the entire staff are afraid to stand up for ourselves when we are reguarly humiliated in front of a waiting room full of people or written up for some small infraction.
            And when i say small infraction i mean it does Not involve insubordination., Theft., or un-proffesionalsm. All of wich Certainly deserves documentation!
            No ., that would be reasonable.,
            Instead i have witnessed and exprienced write ups done out of sheer spite., Any One of us can point out to the manager that if she wants -

1) For us to be at work 15 mins b4 the hour ready to work and presentable (Hair makeup done ect.)
            2)OR For us to keep conversations with all customers proffesional (No talk about personal problems., Partying ., Sex life ect.)
            3)OR For us to keep cell phones put away and silent and used only on break.
            4)OR For us to keep all and any friends or family out of the break room and office. (Ex: No lingering or hanging out of non-employees in employee only areas.!)
            5)OR For us not to bring a nasty attitude to work.

If she really wants to set an example of what she expects from us Then SHE should DO IT TOO.!

She not only does what she wants w/out repercussions., But we are all on eggshells that she may SNAP at any minute with verbal abuse topped off with documentation over any small infraction she can come up with just to keep us in fear of losing our jobs and under her thumb!
            Some people may say "So go take it to General Mngmnt!"
            Well., This is a corporation. And corporations care about the bottom line.. Keep in mind this manager also happens to be a top seller! Her bullying extends not only to us stylists but to the customers.. With a big smile on her face the poor customers never know what hit them till after they've gone. Often with products or haircuts they didnt really want.. But too dazed and embarassed to do anything about it in the shop.
            As a result i have personally found myself preffered by more than a few of her clientele..

GOOD!... Right?

Hell NO...Now i am a threat.. No one has a voice in this store., The fear of random documentation is that strong.. Now I have the mis-fortune of being a threat. God help me., ! I just want to NOT be harrassed daily at work.
            I am extremely professional., Im asked reguarly when i join a new store if im mngmnt.., Im not a top seller every week w/out flaw., but i am also not the worst. I have years of cutting experience behind me and i truly love my trade and i take pride in my Art and my workplace.. When there are no customers i Clean and organize.Both things I actually enjoy doing on down time.In fact i am kinda known for cleaning constantly..
            In addition I am Pro-active in the duties essential to the smooth running of a salon. I have responsibilities i take very seriously., Responsibilities a stylist such as myself is not expected to do as part of my duties or my position. But i do them bcause i have to make contributions to my store in order to feel good about myself..

In short., I am not a trouble maker by any means..I am not even grumpy. I would actually consider myself Emotionally Stable and Intelligent w a few fairly harmless Quirks. I make it a point to talk one on one w people i have conflict with in private in an attempt to come to understanding and peace., A Survival Skill crucial in any salon setting as most stylists know.

On ocassion tho u run into a person who., no matter how neutral you try to be ., Will just simply take everything as an attack and dis-like you for ANY Reason.
            My frustration comes from not having control over my future stability bcause of my mis-fortune of having one such person as a mngr. . Its a bad situation Especially in this economy..
            She has me convinced that she has had to Beg for my job from the General Mngr several times!., For being a few minutes late Or having a lower than expected sales percentage?

Wow., Really? Maybe if i was smarter i would have informed the General Mngr of you making your shift-mngr punch you in when you were running late into work? I was present for that when you yelled at her for forgetting to do it!
            Or how you encourage the girls to personally buy clearance items and... Never mind.

Had i known the hurt this person was capable of inflicting on peoples self-esteem., That she had outright tendencies for verbal and mental abuse., I would have blown her in for that and sooo much more! After all., Do our customers really want to see and hear that?

I have developed recently the habit of avoiding eye contact w my customers... For fear of them seeing the anger or helplesness., dependind on my mngrs well being and wether her personal life is going well or not., For fear of them asking to many questions about whats the matter.. Wich would cause me to lose my intense focus on my customers..
            Hard to sell and make people happy when you arent. When you are in constant fear of your mngrs random mood swings.! Oh at first i thought she was a great motivator!! Truly! But like i said b4. I didnt know at first., in the beginning..

I really cannot safely give any more information..But if anyone else is in this type of situation.. I am so sry for you.

Please understand i heard several times she had a terrible childhood and i dont wish random bad stuff on anyone.
            I just dont know where to turn.. And so ill vent here instead.
            Even if the General Mngrs were able and willing to help all of us ., They have simply too many stores to watch over., it simply would not be feasable for them to guarantee protection from re-percussions to a whole store of women.

For Non-Stylists or Students
            SuperCuts truly has much to offer.
            I want to stress that i have had far more positive experiences with SuperCuts than bad. I would not be half the stylist i am today if i didnt have the opportunity to work for this company..
            My opinions are my own and reflect only on my personal experiences with one person.

Anyone reading this who knows or works w me..I hope this helped you feel a little better..

I

Supercutshorrible haircut, bald spots

I took my 13 month old son to the Supercuts in Kansas City on North Oak last week for his very first haircut. My son if biracial and had very pretty big curls! I went in and from the beginning this woman had an attitude, I should have just left then. So we sit down and I have my son in my lap and I tell her I barely want anything taken off of the ends I just want it evened out. So she asks my what size guard I want to use, so me being a first time mom, never having had a boys hair cut before, tell her that I don't know how the guards work, I don't know what size to use, but that I barely want the ends taken off. So she pulls out the clippers and with the first bzzz I started to cry. She cut my baby's big curly hair all the way to the scalp, I started to cry and told her she was an idiot and that i told her I barely wanted any off. He has bald spots!! And it so uneven! She was not apologetic and was very rude, she finished and he had patches and bald spots and it looked like he had mange! So I go to leave, in tears mind you, and she says that will be 10 dollars. I told her there was no way I was paying for this and I asked for a supervisors number or when one would be in. She said she had no number and there was no corporate number as well. The next day I call back and I get the same lady and she again refuses to give me a manager, so I find the corporate number and they offer me a giftcard! Then I finally get in touch with a manager and they ask me to come fill out a formal complaint because they had had complaints about her before and were trying to get her fired. They asked me to bring my son so they could see how she butchered it. So tomorrow I'm taking him in and taking in before pictures as well. I took him somewhere else to see if they could fix it and they evened it as much as could be done, but it seems I will have to have all his hair shaved.

• Ro
              RockyJ May 28, 2012

Oh please! Your baby's little afro will grow back. Sounds like you want him to look like a girl. That kid's gonna be very mixed up as he gets older.

Supercutspoor pricing discrimination

Supercuts has a revised pricing system which charges $3 extra if you request a certain hair stylist. Seems to me to be backwards. A customer who requests a certain stylist may have to wait longer than a walk-in. If Supercuts wants repeat customers and a customer gets comfortable with a certain stylist, they should not charge extra; probably would be better off giving a discount to return customers.

• Bl
                blame the parents here Jan 09, 2014

If you want a certain stylist, it is obviously because they are more experienced and a lot of people want them. This is not discrimination. You don't want to wait that long than get someone else. You should not have to pay less to get a haircut from someone who is more experienced. And I bet everyone reading your review laughed at you for claiming this was discrimination and indicating that if you want a well known stylist you should have to pay less because of the wait. Now would that not be "discrimination" to everyone else. In your view no, because you get what you want, even if it is special treatment.

Supercuts — terrible customer service

I walked into a super cuts at 9:35am. There was no one in the store except for the hair cutter rocking in the...

Supercuts — bad haircut and terrible customer service

Went to Supercuts @2:30 today on Olive Way and Denny in Seattle WA. There were only two people working (one...

Supercuts — terrible customer service!

They told me it would be a fifteen minute wait so I sat down with my 3 small children, 20 minutes pass and a...

Supercuts — rude and threatening!

My husband, 5 year old daughter and myself arrived at 2pm to a waiting room with one person and one person in...

Supercutsmanagement refused to provide service, possible discrimination

Supercuts
              www.supercuts.com

815 E 11th St
              Reedley, CA 93654
              [protected]

About 12:30PM, I walked into the Reedley Supercuts where I've been going to since it opened (about 5 years now). I signed in and sat down. There were two customers ahead of me. Once it was my turn the gal who was cutting hair informed me that there was no one to cut my hair. I had already waited 30 minutes and I asked her if she could cut my hair. She said, "No". So I said nevermind and I left the store.

A short time later I called the store and asked the manager why I could not get my hair cut after the long wait. The manager said that she was refusing service to me because I had been rude to her before. I told her that I had recalled a poor experience with her (2-3 years prior) and that I was only addressing my problem hair cut.

I don't think this is right that I would be kept there for so long only to have management tell me that they would not serve me. As a long time customer I'm confused as why I can't get my hair cut there any more.

Supercutsabuse to my daughter

I went to a SuperCuts out here in Vegas and A employee took my 6 year old daughter back to shampoo her hair. As she walked her back, my daughter asked if she could have a towel for her neck. The employee proceeded to argue with my 6 year old. She told her she could not have one, "Something about suction." I said please. She then looked at my daughter and said, "I'll give you one so I don't have to argue with you!!!" Then she kept yelling at her because she was sliding. After I said something rude to her' she proceeded to turn the water all the way to hot and daughter started to cry out she was einb burnt. I grabbed her and told the employee that I was going to report her. When I did the area supervisor told me that she was taking her employees side. That the employee did nothing wrong and I was wrong for threatening to get her fired. NOT BRING YOUR CHILDREN TO SUPERCUTS!!! THEY HATE KIDS!!!

"DO

• Mo
                    monique5 Mar 15, 2011

you should be polite to all customers especially kids . T hey can be trying but with a little patience they ca be your friend too

Sarah Aug 20, 2008

omg whoever this Amy chick was that said that, if you dont like cutting kids hair you are in the wrong business you ignorant ###. You work at a cheap hair salon, which is mainly where people take their kids. If you dont wanna deal with children, then go to an upscale salon, but I'm guessing you cant get hired at an upscale salon because you cant even properly enough for someone to understand you. Your absolute stupidity and ignorance should not astound me but it does...[censored]

• Am
                    amy Apr 22, 2008

You and your spoiled little brat should go somewhere else where they bow down to you like you feel the whole world should.
                    And you're right! we CAN'T STAND cutting kids' hair, they act like animals, and you parents just think it's sooo cute when they play on our very expensive chairs and with our equipment.
                    GO GET YOUR MULLET CUT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Supercuts — the worst haircut I have ever seen

My husband took my son to get a haircut at this location last weekend and it was the worst haircut i have...

Supercuts — racist staff!

I would like to report about racist staff at this location. When I (Indian) walked in, I was told I am next...