SunTrustBank / fraudulent charges

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I had checked my checking account and found that they had taken a unavailable funds fee out and when I called the teller couldnt give me a reasonable explanation after putting me on hold for 3 times and finally credited my account. Also she told me that check charges are not the current $36.00 charge but $72.00 per check. They charge you an insufficient funds charge for $36.00 and then charge you a unavailable funds charge of $36.00. I think these charges are for the same thing just worded differently so they can rip you off. Times are hard and this company is asking for a bunch of money from the government to help them out. What are we getting for our money ? I plan on looking for another place to put my money.

Bi

Comments

• Kf
      21st of May, 2009

I am a small business owner who use my Suntrust debit card to buy gas for my equipment. Recently they charge me $175 in fees even though the money was in my account for these transactions. They claim the gas stations put a hold on my account for $50 to $100 to guarantee they get their money for a $10 dollar gas purchase. Imagine 2 or 3 of these. All this time that I have been a customer and running my business in the same manner, I have had this to happen. Suntrust is not my idea of a bank that looks out for their customers. Even if they are at fault, they wii figure out a way to some of your money

• Co
      26th of Aug, 2009

Please contact me. I am in Tallahassee, FL and my attorney and I are preparing a class action lawsuit and an interview in the Tallahassee Democrat, followed by a daily lunch rush protest. We are looking for others who have been defrauded. It is time to draw more attention to this issue.

Power to the people,